Competitive gaming?

Jafon

Hello everybody,

this doesnt wanna be a complain post, just a wondering one.

NCsoft made stress tests, everything in cbt, coming out with a game that showed tons of issues due to the big amount of people playing it -queues/lag- or due to things dependant on a third company -gameguard- which developed an antihack software that goes in conflict even with malware bytes (LOL?), and even a client downloader that bug'd every 5 mins to me while downloading client -no wifi eh so no blame on the net- sayin i couldnt dl this or that file.

Now, ignoring all that, we got in game, queues are over...

But uh, when they said 'we want bns to be our competitive pvp game, tryina bringing an esport scene of it in eu/na' they also had to know that 'competitive' bns gaming requires a stable ping lower than 60 to be actually practiced/enjoyed. Somehow I couldnt even do a spar this morning (yo it's monday morning, not many shud be on) on eu due to massive lagspikes in arena. How's that supposed to work? Where's our low ping? Or even more, stable one xD

Afaik I'm not the only one reporting such issue so well....

Ty for attention, pls no drama. Just report similar issues, and lets see what NC does about all this.

I dont really understand why people are complaining, people are at diamond league with 200 - 300 pings. Myself im lucky im always running with 25 - 30 ping, and even that im still not able to get to diamond league because i have to practise my class.  

The problem is not high ping, but the inconsistency of it.

During early mornings everything is fine, I can do my ani-cancel as usual, but during the nights / peak times, my attacks just stop because of mini lag spikes.

I can learn to play with higher, but consistent, ping. I just press the buttons a bit slower, but what do I do when I get 40 ping then 200 ping then 40 then 100 then 50 then 300 etc. ? Do I look into the future and try to press the buttons according to what my ping will be? :/

Something needs to be done about this.

55 minutes ago, Tinkz said:

I dont really understand why people are complaining, people are at diamond league with 200 - 300 pings. Myself im lucky im always running with 25 - 30 ping, and even that im still not able to get to diamond league because i have to practise my class.  

high ping = reaction chances. If my enemy has 30 ping and I got 200 he can escape easier from my combo. If then we talking about people getting diamond with autocombo classes it's another thing.

What Brainy said is the main issue I'm reporting. I've no prob in playin a mmorpg having 400ms. But I cant even get to properly anicancel due to lagspikes -my hand rhythm is stable but in game looks like it isnt-.

I was like clicking f to atk during grab, and the atk pop'd up on my window 2sec later...then again all fixed for 30 sec, and again lagspike. Dunno.

Still, for competitive gaming, 60 ping is the max. Try playing any game with 200ms and then with 50 and tell me if u notice any difference. Reaction times gotta be filtered by ping, so if someone has a 200ms reaction time and plays with 50ms ping, would have a faster reply than someone who has a reaction time of 100ms and 200ms ping.

Considering esports scene is on LAN, everyone would have 10-20 ms max, and there reaction time matters.

If u talk about bringing an esport scene on a mmorpg, first of all u've to try to guarantee a low ping to anyone playing the game in the area it's dedicated to. American ppl streaming has 20-30ms. So well, the low ping is possible.

Even if not that low, 60 ms would be cool still, but the lag spikes? Game on ssd, I shud be in arena yet but I get randomly delayed of 2 sec b4 actually seeing the enemy, and due to what my opponent was doing, he had same issue, since after my lagspike was over, I saw him still standstilling at his spot.

Archived