Forcemaster

Crosslex

So ive created myself a Forcemaster and all in all I enjoy playing it. Allthough the rotation and skill combs are more or less not that exciting compared to a KFM (my guess), i am still worried about one thing. In Korea barely one FM is at the Top of the Leaderboards are just 5% auf all Players are playin FM, which is really low.
So is FM just not that good for PVP?
I know this Game is more or less balanced and everyone is able to reach some sort of high rating with good skills.
But seeing those numbers create some sort of fear ...
Dont wanna spend hours practicing this character to realise that its just not as good as some other ones.
Whats your opinion?

FM is probably among the weaker in PvP right now (1v1) together with KFM and maybe BM(??). The thing is that the game is not balanced around level 45 but 50 and 15 hongmoon levels, but even then it is true that the FM requires quite a bit more of knowledge and skill to be able to play effectively but in no way is it a weak class (speaking about the KR balance). I am myself pretty new but I am hoping that the 10th of feb will give us enough skillpoints to have a bit more of our essential tools available to us.

11 minutes ago, kuro1n said:

FM is probably among the weaker in PvP right now (1v1) together with KFM and maybe BM(??). The thing is that the game is not balanced around level 45 but 50 and 15 hongmoon levels, but even then it is true that the FM requires quite a bit more of knowledge and skill to be able to play effectively but in no way is it a weak class (speaking about the KR balance). I am myself pretty new but I am hoping that the 10th of feb will give us enough skillpoints to have a bit more of our essential tools available to us.

I hope so aswell

It is a debate, regarding how well you play the Force Master it can and is a very strong and op class, If you're a high lvl force master you'll rekt almost anyone who's lower lvl than you or have about 3-2 gear lower than you. But if play equally with someone of the same lvl than it's mostly up to how you play from there. 

7 minutes ago, SteroPony said:

It is a debate, regarding how well you play the Force Master it can and is a very strong and op class, If you're a high lvl force master you'll rekt almost anyone who's lower lvl than you or have about 3-2 gear lower than you. But if play equally with someone of the same lvl than it's mostly up to how you play from there. 

Wtf are you talking about? gear? levels? I am talking about arena dude, there is no gear going on there.

3 minutes ago, SteroPony said:

from what ive seen it is very strong if ur very good however i dont feel its balanced compared to the other classes not im damage but it certain aspects, basically u have to put in much more work to get the same gain as other classes. Example, u pull off a combo with a KFM or a BD u get quite a bit of dmg done with "simple" combos but with FM  they are more "complex" i guess manual combos to explain it if that even makes sense. FM is cool cause if u do pull off combos then u can do quite a bit but again needs much more work and skill to pull off. 

3 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

from what ive seen it is very strong if ur very good however i dont feel its balanced compared to the other classes not im damage but it certain aspects, basically u have to put in much more work to get the same gain as other classes. Example, u pull off a combo with a KFM or a BD u get quite a bit of dmg done with "simple" combos but with FM  they are more "complex" i guess manual combos to explain it if that even makes sense. FM is cool cause if u do pull off combos then u can do quite a bit but again needs much more work and skill to pull off. 

This is true as well, but you wont see anyone doing these proper combos until plat I think. I mean getting a few stuns off in a row is rather easy, dealing the damage in between the stuns is harder while still keeping the combo going (part of the problem is lack of skillpoints for FM, with the 10th of feb patch I think we will see more elaborate FM combos showing up). The problem a lot of people have on lower levels are probably to keep counting there chill stacks and freezes effective in the heat of pvp.

40 minutes ago, kuro1n said:

Did you really just say kfm is weak in PvP??  That's hilarious.

13 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

3rf and cc chaining is not easy for most people.  Animation cancelling is hard due to it requiring good ping and good coordination.  Saying a kfm combo is easier than an FM is quite funny.

7 minutes ago, Bonrdaddy said:

3rf and cc chaining is not easy for most people.  Animation cancelling is hard due to it requiring good ping and good coordination.  Saying a kfm combo is easier than an FM is quite funny.

Well what is even funnier is that i didnt say it was easier, what i meant by "simple" combos is that the skills actually chain into eachother very nicely and smoothly and some even get bonuses when used in a combo which is basically how kfm works. FM is more simple in terms of skills yet complex in terms of combos as most dont chain into eachother as easy as kfm and most combos are not set combos like a BDs LB  in which players actually make their own combos like the speced tabb into speced z into air grip into relaunch, that combo is made by players not by the game

2 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

Well what is even funnier is that i didnt say it was easier, what i meant by "simple" combos is that the skills actually chain into eachother very nicely and smoothly and some even get bonuses when used in a combo which is basically how kfm works. FM is more simple in terms of skills yet complex in terms of combos as most dont chain into eachother as easy as kfm and most combos are not set combos like a BDs LB  in which players actually make their own combos like the speced tabb into speced z into air grip into relaunch, that combo is made by players not by the game

This is the correct answer. 

Also @Bonrdaddy yes I would definitely rate KFM weaker than say destro, smn or even assassin in arena currently (although I am not entirely sure about assassin vs kfm).

Archived