In-Game Chat

MichelleZhivago

Hello,

No idea if this has been addressed already, I am new in game and in forums, so my apologies if this has Topics about it here or elsewhere.  It is just that the In-Game Chat is VERY confusing. I joined because of friends' recommendations and I can not talk to them, apparently? 

As a new, low-level player, I can NOT chat in game? Really?!? Not until Level 11? That would have been nice to know.  It would seem that the very players that NEED to chat in game are NEW players. Do you realize how FRUSTRATING it is to NOT know how to do something in game and to KNOW that some player right next to me could answer that question, if, I could CHAT IN GAME!

How nice that there are so many chat options that I am not allowed to use! I notice that the Spammers and Gold-Sellers are not being restricted in this way. If I end every message with a phony website, promising cheats, hacks and "free" gold,  could I chat then?

Sorry. Just soooo annoying. "ALL" Chat is so awash with spam that when a friend tried to whisper to me that I needed to be Level 11 to use Chat because of a new patch, I barely saw it in the Chat Window before it was flushed out by the incessant messages about Gold Selling, etc. I only saw it at all because his comment was pink. 

If there is a way to communicate in-game, I would appreciate it if someone could explain it in easy steps, please. Then, perhaps I could fix my chat, menus, interface, settings, etc., with the help of other, more experienced players, thank you.

IF there is as yet no way for new players to communicate in-game, because of a new patch, I would say to any managers of the game to please reconsider this. This may have been done because Gold_sellers would abuse chat if they could chat from Level 1 but it seems the cat is already out of the bag on that one. The Gold-Sellers are here. Been playing ab few hours and see almost nothing but them. How about a cooldown on chat, such that the Gold-Seller can not repeat the same message every second? Is there a way to remotely identify the "players" who are repetitively using chat? Those are the spammers. Remove them.

MichelleZ

15 hours ago, Keawen said:

A few days ago before level 10 was decided for all chat you wouldnt have been able to talk on region and faction anyway because bots would have fill the chat window within a few seconds so makes no difference.

It did make a difference, at least to me. My first day or so, I could talk to someone in Team-possibly a few other chat types-and get answers to questions. Now? I can not chat to anyone. Oh, they can still team me and then guess what I am having difficulty with and provide random answers. That does not work.

And if you are going to tell me to hurry and level up, do not come back later and say I needed to take my time and enjoy the game after I rush to the end and get bored waiting on the next level cap. (I have already seen posts about being bored after having power-leveled to end game.)

Yeah i remember the 1st 3 days at release not having faction spammers but since then i didn't even open faction chat because my block limit was already at maximum and i open region chat only when i got to like jadestone village.Then patch came with level 10 to talk on faction and level 15 on region and i clean up my block list and most of them were still level 1 or 4 or gone so from 50 it went down to like 3 and got a few more to block so overall that patch been good.Sorry that u got caught on the crossfire.I created a force master after patch and didn't open region chat in the low level zone and just block the few on faction and i'm good.Having done the area already once i don't feel the need to talk much except to answer question.I like to take my time too but at low level didn't feel the need to group except for things like jiangshi to get token for the wheel.Took quite a bit to get stalker weapon for my class  but after 26 roll but didn't need key for all of them since 16 of them were soul shield.

Archived