Awesomium Process is the silent Crash Culprit

ncsoftsux

Its like a brilliant villain in a movie.  Committing all the crimes but making it look like others are responsible, in this case, RAZR and Gamegaurd.

Well i'm here to tell you I know who's behind all these crashes.  A program most of you probably aren't aware of or even heard of: Awesomium Process.

I played Aion for 6 years since day 1, and middle of last year in 2015, Ncsoft decided to start using Awesomium Process as an in game web support for us to access the in game store.  Ever since that day, my Aion would crash within a few minutes and I'd be unable to play.  Now I was part of a VERY small group who had the issue, so small, ncsoft didn't recognize it as a problem, kind of like our small group having these crashing issues here in BnS.  I've got about 40+ friends playing BnS, and i'm the ONLY one having the issue, so that shows you some sort of ratio we are dealing with here.  But there are enough of us having the problem, that it IS a problem.

Anyway, ncsoft NEVER fixed my awesomium crashing issue in Aion.  They went through painstaking hours of troubleshooting, and still to no avail, where I finally had to just stop playing Aion and ncsoft threw their hands in the air and wrote it off as a loss.  After 6 years, thousands of hours of gameplay and thousands of dollars to nccoin, I could no longer play.

Well................here we are again.  I just realized today, through all my troubleshooting, that BnS is too using Awesomium process in the background, and i guarantee it is behind all our troubles and wasted hours.  It is silent.  It is quiet.  Its name unknown to most.  But I am here to tell you who it is. I have pulled the hood off the culprit and revealed the problem.

It is NOT razr nor gamegaurd.  Because myself and others dont have any RAZR products in use or installed, so thats definitely not the issue.

First: Look in your \bin folder and you will find two instances of awesomium process, "application" and "DLL File".  Interesting because the main error most of us get at launch is a DLL error. hmmmmmm.........are we on to something?

Second: if you start BnS and then Ctrl-alt-del and look inside your task manager, you will see awesomium process running in background. WHAT?!!!  That little *cricket*.

Now the thing about awesomium, it is used by BnS, GW2, DDO, Aion and many other games as a in game web app for users to access the in game store.  If you try and turn it off or STOP the process in Task Manager, it quickly turns itself ON again within a minute or two.  You can try and delete it from your BnS folders, but it will reinstall at every startup.  Its a little pain in the arse that you can't get rid of, but is haunting us.

http://awesomium.codeplex.com/

the main website if any of you want to delve into this further

I'm sorry for such a long post, but I had to explain in detail who the culprit is behind all this and how and why i have this top secret information. lol.

Ncsoft didn't address or fix the issue in Aion, don't count on them fixing it in BnS.  Most likely a few small of us have a particular hardware setup that conflicts with Awesomium and Ncsoft is unwilling or unable to fix for such a small percentage of players. 

Therefore, those of us with this problem will most likely have to walk away from a game that we have anticipated for so many years. 

Thanks for listening everyone.  Good luck. And be well.

......................back to TERA................cuz it works..............

thats one of my suspicions too, while my task manager is  on and i hit play, gameguard pass through and when im in that loading screen i can see that as soon as Awesomium appears on the task manager the crash report appears too... the thing is i dont have a problem with it running in the background i allowed it through firewall and still crash. i dont have to delete it, but is there something im my computer system that does not allow it to run smoothly? 

true words .. cause i dont have any razor / asus Hard/Software too ..

best thing is , in this thread ->>>>> https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/153852-gtx-750-issue/?page=2

someone who has our Problems with crashes etc , buys a new Graphiccard (gtx960) .. after the games runs !! 

and better , the game runs with all the drivers , who he should delete or deactivate cause NCSOFT tells us ...

2 minutes ago, Heilera said:

best thing is , in this thread ->>>>> https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/153852-gtx-750-issue/?page=2

someone who has our Problems with crashes etc , buys a new Graphiccard (gtx960) .. after the games runs !! 

and better , the game runs with all the drivers , who he should delete or deactivate cause NCSOFT tells us ...

I use a gtx970 and many in that post stated they have no crashing issues or other problems. I get constant 80+ fps highest gfx settings with 970.  The crashing has nothing to do with video cards, its Awesomium and people aren't yet listening...................but they will if we keep talking about it.

6 minutes ago, Heilera said:

what i have to down grade to gtx960 -.- i have gtx980 ti  i dont think this is the problem for me..

i played long hours before the last update i have lvl 45 BM

5 minutes ago, Heilera said:

i just found this ... and it let me smiles ... were not alone ^^

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Awesomium-Crashes-Whole-Computer

Thanks for the find Heilera.  Everyone keep posting the evidence so Ncsoft is exposed for their erroneous ways.  WE know the problem, they just wont admit or fix it.  Awesomium causes problems in every game, and its only for a few small of the population that ncsoft doesn't care to fix it.

i just read someone installed SDK from Awesonium , and after the game didnt crashes .. drivers was younger then ingame or something .. so i give it a try ...

i see in the /bin the drivers from awesonium are version 1.65 --- on the website from them i see actually version iss 1.7.5.1

so i download and install ..

I haven't really had any crashing issues even with my razer product. But I have had immense lag, and only after the patch. Would this be responsible for that? I don't think so, since it was in before the patch but I figured it was worth asking.

4 minutes ago, Sheela said:

I haven't really had any crashing issues even with my razer product. But I have had immense lag, and only after the patch. Would this be responsible for that? I don't think so, since it was in before the patch but I figured it was worth asking.

the lag should be unrelated.  awesomium is just known to disconnect and crash people in all games.

2 minutes ago, Sheela said:

try clearing registry.. if you dont have any utilities try glary utilities: http://www.glarysoft.com/ free app 

after installing, go 1 click maintenance, and repair problems

its all up to you though to get any utilities out there i just like this one 

1 minute ago, ncsoftsux said:

the lag should be unrelated.  awesomium is just known to disconnect and crash people in all games.

Then yeah, it's not the root of all evil. I didn't even notice it and there are a lot of other issues going on atm that render the game completely unplayable. So you shouldn't go around pasting this in every topic. ;v

1 minute ago, Sheela said:

Then yeah, it's not the root of all evil. I didn't even notice it and there are a lot of other issues going on atm that render the game completely unplayable. So you shouldn't go around pasting this in every topic. ;v

This. Please stop posting this everywhere like it's the issue.

It's not. It might be a POSSIBLE issue, but it's not THE issue.

2 minutes ago, Sheela said:

the MAIN evil ppl are having is disconnects/crashes/unable to logon.  That is ALL rooted in awesomium.  All other issues are standalone rare instances, not a bigger problem.

ok the game starts and crashes after 5 sec ^^ like before .. but funny is , the dll i changed to version 1.7.5,1 is now again 1.65 ^^ when i start the game , the loader downlad 7.2 MB file .. i think he see that i change it ^^ and replace the old DLL

Just now, Heilera said:

ok the game starts and crashes after 5 sec ^^ like before .. but funny is , the dll i changed to version 1.7.5,1 is now again 1.65 ^^ when i start the game , the loader downlad 7.2 MB file .. i think he see that i change it ^^ and replace the old DLL

Thats what I mentioned above.  You can delete it. Change it. End process. and it will reinstall or restart itself everytime.  We have no control over it.

ok found something interesting .. 

" Awesomiumprocess is to do with the store within the game. Its probably adding to the lag factor "

and the Customer Support answer :

It's entirely possible there's an anti-virus program or firewall blocking traffic from Awesomium, causing it to crash. Please make sure that you have launchpad.exe, awesomiumprocess.exe, and planetside2.exe added as exceptions in any Firewall/Anti-Virus software you currently are running in order to ensure that the game will run correctly with this kind of software running in the background. 

look here ! https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/awesomium-causing-crashes.67814/

6 minutes ago, ncsoftsux said:

the MAIN evil ppl are having is disconnects/crashes/unable to logon.  That is ALL rooted in awesomium.  All other issues are standalone rare instances, not a bigger problem.

Incorrect. Like I said, I'm sure there are some problems with Awesomium but it's not causing everything.

There are thousands of crash reports resulting in a plethora of different error codes.

There are thousands of crash reports that just CTD but with no error reports. (I fall in this category).

This issue is an exact copy of what happened to me during headstart. The problem was my corrupted .bin folder. I replaced it and it was fixed.

The issue has since come back after this patch but my fix no longer works. That doesn't mean it's tied to Awesomium.

There are a lot of factors causing crashes right now. Awesomium is probably in there but it's not the golden egg.

i have everything on exceptions launcher, the client, awesomium in firewall and anti virus. since we started doing this as i said above

1 hour ago, shankyshanks said:

thats one of my suspicions too, while my task manager is  on and i hit play, gameguard pass through and when im in that loading screen i can see that as soon as Awesomium appears on the task manager the crash report appears too... the thing is i dont have a problem with it running in the background i allowed it through firewall and still crash. i dont have to delete it, but is there something im my computer system that does not allow it to run smoothly? 

Archived