Elo points really frustrating

NigNagNagoo

I was on my way to plat, doing pretty well when I started to get only 7 points per win, and I lose anywhere from17-21. I understand it means i'm being matched up against lower elo players or something, but it's ridiculous. It's not like, sometimes. It's every match. Every match is 7 win, every loss is around 20. It really sucks to win 5 and lose 2 and be lower than I was. I just lose 20 points against a BD.

Not sure about this but just a theory:

The closer you get to platinum, the lesser points you get. Probably only a certain percentage of players can get into platinum, and even fewer can get into higher rankings.

You getting a lot of low-MMR enemies could also be the case, but I guess it's just like in other games where you get less and less points the higher you get.

The ranking increments are asymmetrical based on the rank you are playing on, as well as based on the respective two opponent's points. In Bronze and Silver, you will stabilize your score even when losing two times out of three. I assumed it would be the same only other way around on platinum (still gold myself so I don't know first hand). Your info seems to mean it also happens within one rank (gold), which is interesting.

Archived