**FIX** for BnSCrashReport after Sign In or in game

TrueReclaimer

Managed to fix the crash after login on my own due to suggestions on the forums. I had to RE-ENABLE Razer Chroma SDK, which I had disabled due to causing BnS to crash before. This lets me get in game. However the OLD CRASH after 5 or 10 mins now re-occurs. Turns out this new patch further screws over Razer Chroma owners.

Instead of trading one instant crash for another slow random crash, Ive decided to uninstall Razer Chroma SDK in Control Panel, Add/remove programs. I also had NCSoft refund me for my founders pack since Im barely able to play with so many crashes. I will have to monitor my system to make sure my Chroma is used as a pure USB mouse and doesnt try to re-install SDK on restart. As of right now its working, but I havent restarted the pc yet even after removing Chroma SDK.

Ironically Razer is one of their sponsored products, even giving them out at the launch party. How could they endorse a product and never check compatibility issues?? They really should compensate us in game for all these mistakes. Id say a month of free premium or some NCoin would be fair.

I am dealing with the same issue here, I managed to turn on the razer chroma sdk but after like 5 or 10 minutes I get this stupid bns crash report. I really don't get why ncsoft isnt just having a maintenance to fix this problem. Just make a patch update and FIX this because I am sick of it as of right now so good night - hope it gets fixed tomorrow cos this is pointless.

the ncsoft done I uninstall the *cricket*ing Razer Synapse, now comes to tell me that SDK Chroma tbem will havê to be? My God as please maintenance ???

I'm trying to play that BNS's been one week is not always appears with a bug or and related peripherals of the Razer, or is it because of the game

look I'm still founder, regret to be founder

1 minute ago, kevincouto93 said:

the ncsoft done I uninstall the *cricket*ing Razer Synapse, now comes to tell me that SDK Chroma tbem will havê to be? My God as please maintenance ???

I'm trying to play that BNS's been one week is not always appears with a bug or and related peripherals of the Razer, or is it because of the game

look I'm still founder, regret to be founder

Yeah I know man. Uninstall ALL razer programs. And put in a support ticket to let them know how you feel.

1 minute ago, Associhated said:

im not uninstalling my razer products to play this game its bad enough we had to disable them but uninstalling is taking to a whole new level

Okay guess you wont play then bro, you only have 2 options really. Why do you need the programs anyway? As long as you leave the drivers your mouse will work fine.

Honestly I should be able to use any applications I want when I play a game on my computer. It is NCSoft's responsibility to have had this problem fixed, it is an issue with their game. Why can I run this driver with any other game but not theirs? Why is it crashing me with ONLY Blade & Soul? How is this problem not been solved yet after 12 days of headstart release? This is getting to absurd levels of *cricket* poor responsibility. 

Guys I only found a specific fix for a specific issue. MAKE SUPPORT TICKETS. Complain to NCSOFT. Not me. I cant help you beyond what Ive posted. Everyone has different issues. Could be caused by ASUS programs. Or Logitec programs. Or other background programs. I agree NCSOFT should fix the game and I also have NO issues with Steam games. NCSOFT should bite the bullet and hand the game over to Steam, since they are failing at supporting it on their own.

Once again, MAKE SUPPORT TICKETS. Dont post your frustrations to me its not my responibility, its NC's

Just let me know if my fix actually helped for those that can play now

Hello there,

Sorry for the late response due to high volume of tickets.

We have been able to identify the issue that is causing the game client to crash upon attempting to log in. If you are using a Chroma Keyboard, running Razer Synapse, or Razer Chroma SDK Core Components software, you will need to modify the ClientConfiguration.xml file.

• To do this, first navigate to “MyDocuments\BnS\NCWEST”
• Once in the NCWEST folder you should see the ClientConfiguration
• Right click the ClientConfiguration file and select Edit
• After selecting Edit you need to locate the following line <option name='use-chroma-keyboard' value='y'/>
• Change the value from Y to N and then Save and Close.

You should now be able to fully log into the game client.

Please keep in mind, if you are receiving error 4049 as well, you will need to restart your PC after making these changes before you will be able to login.

If you still can't login to the game, please don't hesitate to update this ticket.

Regards,
Brandon
NCSOFT Support Team

Archived