Questions for Sins.

Rane

I notice most people are running close shave.

Is their any benefit to this other then the very minute healing effect?

Is it because the animation last a bit and cooldowns are still moving? I did notice when fighting someone I was able to I think poison them on the way out of the skill or detonate a mine or something, is it so you can use other skills like this while your coming out of the animation?

Just trying to figure out some perks of it, or are people using it because they think it looks cool?

I really don't like how it looks, I don't like the fact that sometimes I use it on accident when trying to RMB/F burst. Which brings me out of stealth etc. And I'm trying to understand why its valued =D.

In my skill tab it says it hits for less then 2k dmg? and heals for 10% of that >_> Even if I could land it twice in a stun, I don't see the benefit. Especially considering I feel like I lose a lot of escape ability if I try to spec in to stuns to proc this skill, and I lose my invis/burst along with a reset?

The damage is descent but the length of the animation is basically a damage and stun in one. Its great against the classes you won't be RB/F spamming against ie. Destroyer, LBM, BM. In my opinion this is one you switch out depending on the class you're facing its not a fit for all matchups.

I was kinda leaning towards that as well and going to ask if It was more meant for different classes.

I guess my biggest issue is that it makes me idle also, but then again. That would be a good thing if I was playing correctly and not over aggressive.

I see it used in a lot of combo's and wasn't sure if it was needed to buy a second or two of cooldown iframes type cc deal. (Was hoping not)

Do you typically take Close Shave and the 3 tier 3 knockdown skill?(in those matchups)

I just dont see the point of close shave - you should almost always have something better to do (Air kick, hook kick) with Tab on a stunned target outside of stealth. I suppose if you botched your Hook kick and you're looking to buy time for CD's, close shave is a good choice, but for 2 points?

2 points in decoy would give you a 2.2k shield on failed decoys.

To note, I'm not a particularly good player or anything, just my opinion.

4 hours ago, Rane said:

I was kinda leaning towards that as well and going to ask if It was more meant for different classes.

I guess my biggest issue is that it makes me idle also, but then again. That would be a good thing if I was playing correctly and not over aggressive.

I see it used in a lot of combo's and wasn't sure if it was needed to buy a second or two of cooldown iframes type cc deal. (Was hoping not)

Do you typically take Close Shave and the 3 tier 3 knockdown skill?(in those matchups)

Yes I run the 3 knockdown and close shave against any comp I have trouble staying stealthed against. 3 knockdown is great against destro/LBM spins.

39 minutes ago, Goreshade said:

I just dont see the point of close shave - you should almost always have something better to do (Air kick, hook kick) with Tab on a stunned target outside of stealth. I suppose if you botched your Hook kick and you're looking to buy time for CD's, close shave is a good choice, but for 2 points?

2 points in decoy would give you a 2.2k shield on failed decoys.

To note, I'm not a particularly good player or anything, just my opinion.

You're better off putting 3 points into shuriken/smoke bomb for the 10% heal

7 minutes ago, Nachtdrache said:

You're better off putting 3 points into shuriken/smoke bomb for the 10% heal

Probably true, the point was less where you place the extra 2 points and more (IMO again) bout how 2 extra points to spend is probably better than close shave.

8 minutes ago, Goreshade said:

Probably true, the point was less where you place the extra 2 points and more (IMO again) bout how 2 extra points to spend is probably better than close shave.

Dunno, against destroyers and LBM you're not going to be RB/F spamming so the few chances you get to extend a combo I'll gladly take the extra time to give my CDs to come back up.

2 minutes ago, Nachtdrache said:

Dunno, against destroyers and LBM you're not going to be RB/F spamming so the few chances you get to extend a combo I'll gladly take the extra time to give my CDs to come back up.

wouldnt you spinal tap lb/rb until tab kick, aerial, moths, web on the way down, back up, dash back into stealth, rod, lb/rb until hook kick?

Archived