Moonwater stone

Cupofcinno

Today I learnt that the Moonwater Transformation Stone costs a huge ton. Dayum.

So firstly, is there any freebie Moonwater Trans Stones I can obtain like the ones we got for the other Trans Stones.

If not, is it worth to upgrade our Hongmoon weapons further from the infernal stage (which requires the Moonwater Trans Stones). If the better 45 weapons are released with future content the money wasted on the weapon might be a bit regretful...

I know that one is able to craft the Moonwater Trans Stones via crafting and I am slowly progressing on that but I dunno if I have the patience for that.

Thanks in advance!

No, as far as I know there aren't any freebie moonstones.

For your second question, I have a similar question. Is it worth investing the time and gold to upgrade the hongmoon weapon, when I see the next yellow quest that we can't complete yet, provides another weapon? Is that just breakthrough material? Or is it going to be a new weapon we actually switch to?

It would be sad to spend a bunch of time and effort only to have the weapon switch to something else when the next release comes.

4 minutes ago, Stagmar said:

No, as far as I know there aren't any freebie moonstones.

For your second question, I have a similar question. Is it worth investing the time and gold to upgrade the hongmoon weapon, when I see the next yellow quest that we can't complete yet, provides another weapon? Is that just breakthrough material? Or is it going to be a new weapon we actually switch to?

It would be sad to spend a bunch of time and effort only to have the weapon switch to something else when the next release comes.

Correct no Freebie Stones. 

Moonwater weapon from that quest isn't upgradeable as far as I can tell. Since in it's "Advance" section it is just "Offering for Weapons that Require Level 21-50.

While our Hongmoon Weapon you can view it's upgrades all the way up to True Pirate Weapon Stage 10. 

My friend was gonna craft his own moonwater stone but as soon as he got the lvl for it or whatever he told me that you need a TON of materials that cost ALOT i.e soulstones..

I don't know man, i'm not so sure crafting is that good either.

In case you wanted to see what I was talking about with them and what's in the Advance section:

Moonwater_Bangle.jpgPirate_Bangle.jpg

For the person wondering about prices with crafting. Here is an image the Community Manager put on their twitter for their server's prices of all the mats vs how much can sell the item for. And the profit for doing so:

CZcEozAWcAAbrDT.jpg

Which you can see you can gain a lot of gold profit at the moment with them at 11g for her server. They're only 10 on my server and such. So if you have the Merry Potter design for the Refiner it can be a good profit for you. 

While it is not required to go all they way I would say upgrading your weapon up to Siren/True Siren will make all current and future content much easier. In future we will get new weapon with new evolution path but without proper gear it would be quite hard for you to grind through content. Also you should upgrade your accessories (which is even more expensive than the weapon itself). 

We should get second Blackram instance and Mushin tower first and after that Silverfrost. While I have little experience with Silverfrost I can tel you that Mushin Tower (and even second pirate instance) is not something you can do with poor gear. OFC you can try to tag along and leech but it will be not as efficient as freely farming solo. 

As far as as stones are concerned you should find a clan with a crafter. We do our own stones and I can afford 4-6 stones per week just from soloing dailies to get mats. In time the price of single stone should drop to the usual 6g tho it may take some time as many many people are in need of upgrades andare willing to pay crazy cash for it.

Getting soul stone doesn't take to long, getting stupid recipe to drop and not someone out bid you is harder.  I did about 90 runs seen it drop 3 times first time didn't think about it other 2 was to late outbid. A lot of people buy it and try to resell the recipe, i seen price at 100g, .

Archived