Isn't the pvp too slow?

Seken

Hello,

I have no doubt that the pvp in b'n's is highly skilled and the noob won't even take half hp of the pro player, but come on why the averange 1v1 fight takes such a long time? I've made a topic in the open world, because I don't care about arena 1v1, the pvp in arena might be even for 1h, cause it's made to 1v1. I've been playing mostly aion and lineage 2 where fight between nuker and melee dd like assasin vs force master in b'n's was for about 10-30s. Open world pvp is mostly mass pvp, where 1 target should die really fast, where i didnt have to use 10 dashes and next 10 times knock down enemy to kill him, in spite of the dynamic spells animation the mass pvp isn't really as dynamic as it should be, what do you think?

P.S. Sorry for my english, but it isn't my native language and I hope that you've understood the majority of my post.

Getting one shotted is no fun. One shotting is no fun. I like to think of this game as a fighting game mmo, 2 min arena fights are just fine. Open world PvP takes more planning than "Free points for over geared side!" Just my two cents. I like it the way it is.

Actually it's like every class in pvp needs similar amount of time to nuke down the enemy what looks weird also you are talking about the extreme like one shotting or over gear = won what isn't really true, because I've beaten many enemies that had better gear than me and the pvp was still fun, in addition you act like the skill in b'n's is like 99% of the win and in others mmo only gear counts.

The PvP is good and I really enjoy it, but come on I'm playing assasin to crush enemies in ~10 sec or get crushed in such a short time.

I personally prefer it this way. As the above people mentioned. Having to kill a player of let's say same level as yourself, should only take just a few seconds to kill with little to almost no skill required to do so? No thanks. A fight is a fight that should last and be based on a players skill on how well they manage the situation. Especially if it's in open world pvp where mass players are all around you. That's where you make the big decisions. Should you help a friend in need, ask a friend to focus on one person or should you just go in there without any plans and hope for the best? IMO The PVP is great in this game.

Also think of it this way, very few kung fu movies are over in one punch. For a game that glorifies Kung fu movies, it should not be over in a second, it should be a strategic fight. Even one-punch-man isn't actually over in one punch, he has to get juggled first, or let his opponent do their moves. Its the nice thing to do after all.

I know what burst looks like, especially burst meta where pretty much everything dies in one-two seconds. 

And I also know what fights dragging on FOREVER because everything is just TANKY looks like. 

Both case are VERY boring and unhealthy for a game. 

As for the burst-thing: 

It's only a matter of unloading your combos and skills faster than your enemy. There's barely any time before getting the first shot in and killing your enemy. 

It may look like it's fun, and it may very well be for the first few times, watching the health of your target melts away like nothing, and having him locked into place because he didn't even processed he was being attacked. 

And then either someone does the very same to you, or you get bored at backstabbing people because they were focused on something else.  

You start feeling like it's unfair to you, because you always die. 

Or you get bored at melting people without any form of challenge since your only talent is surprising enemies that won't ever acknowledge your presence until they see your back running from them, their screen greyed, already dead. 

It is more accessible and regarded in a better light in pvp game mode, where the ONLY thing to do is PvP. Where there are no other interactions that may stray your eyes away from your back. But even then it's no fun. 

I did it. Extensively. GW2 once-meta was a pure one-shotting game of hide-n-seek, and some classes were better at it than others. It made the community angry, and very fast. (WELL everything makes this community angry, but this one and the current Bunker one made it faster than others) 

However we are in OW PvP, very different matter from Arena. 

Yes having your gear equipped forces you into a paranoid states, but when you have to talk to an NPC, or switch things around in your inventory and you can't HELP having your gear equipped? 

I'd like to have time to react when I get attacked by other players, not get one-shotted for a lack of attention I sadly couldn't help. 

Burst meta in those conditions would just favor a very unhealthy game that will make people sick of it pretty fast.

You may think there's skills involved in surprising someone, unloading your five-six skills required to land your combo, in a time window so narrow you know your last one is purely for show, to make sure he's dead. 

It took you some time to master the speed necessary to make it successfull, so you're telling yourself, it,s skill-play right? 

It's not. It's facestomping your keyboard. 

The satisfaction of being jumped at and still being capable of counter attacking and killing your adversary, or being capable of narrowly 2v1 a NPC and a Player because he decided to jump at you in the must unfair time of all. 

The edge of fighting teeths and nail until the winner is decided by a hair's breath and having fight dragging on not because everything is so tanky, but because people are knowledgeable about their class and the one they are facing and know how to time and look for opening, that is much more rewarding than whatever burst/one-shot/overly fast pace fighting you can have, because in the former case, you have TIME to react and counterattack and not everything is decided by the first hit landed. 

So yeah, no, the fights are perfect. 

I would just like to remind the conversation is about open world pvp which should be dynamic, not having dynamic looking skills. If you want pure skilled game maybe think about counter strike or MOBA games? Blade and soul is actually more similar to the tekken than mmorpg, where open world pvp is not about personal skill, but communication with team and good cooperation.

This game has a different philosophy when it comes to combat it seems.

It should be quick and deadly. A real swords man doesn't stand there exchanging and hitting the blades for five mins before one uses a super sayain move. that's for pve.

Quick and decisive. I enjoy the hunt in open world pvp.

Archived