Chat spammers/Block List Limit 50

Aiomine

Hi everyone,

Everyone in region chat is crying about the limit on block list. The gold sellers are spamming in chat and constantly deleting/opening new characters. The block limit is just ridiculous. My newly created character already has 45 people blocked already. 

Possible solution;

-Put a level limit to certain chats. /-region/faction etc.

-Increase the character deletion time to at least 15 minutes.

-Put someone to ban them if it is too much work put a report option that we can choose offenses from.

-After sending 4 rapid messages put a cool down to write again.

2 minutes ago, PrepH said:

Missing in game name reporting is the biggest flaw.

No we do have ig reporting, but it seems to not be available for some people, not sure based on what criteria, I use to not be able to report, now I can by right clicking.

1 hour ago, Fabled said:

Because those IP addresses are either spoofed or thru a VOIP.  They can easily change it. Most of the IPs are from China, some are from US locations.

They could ban the account itself and add bot protection to registering panel.

4 minutes ago, Southbeatz said:

Given how much money NCSoft has made already from B&S NA, they should have some GMs in game actively dealing with gold sellers.

I agree.

1 hour ago, Saccharin said:

Just delete the old ones.

Let's say they increase it to 200 and given time people will ask for a higher cap. It doesn't solve the issue.

We also need a report option as well as a block.

I did try deleting old ones but as soon as i unblocked them i saw some of them right away in the chat so..

Yeah, i agree with the report option.

1 hour ago, Fabled said:

Because those IP addresses are either spoofed or thru a VOIP.  They can easily change it. Most of the IPs are from China, some are from US locations.

Okay then. Thanks for hiding the report bot function so more people are pressured into buying Premium.

I think if they detect an account CONSTANTLY making accounts they should block it , also they can make it so more characters u make the longer the deletion time aand they can do things like make faction only accessible at lvl 20 or 30 or sumthin that way the deletion time will be very long and while it wont get rid of bots completely itll sure hinder them.

Also i know bots can bypass Captcha but why dont they implement it into account creation?( cant remember if there actually is)

Banning IP adresses from a certain country wont work cause what if there are legit players over there?

Just my suggestions 

The spambot problem just isn't in this game. It is endemic in every major F2P MMO out there there's just no easy solution out there to stop the spambots without also affecting the majority of players. These spammers has the account creation to logging into the game to spam fully automated.

Archived