Missing Class? maybe or not?

MrNiN

So first I would like to say I hope this is right place to post this. With that, off I go.

Ok so maybe 2 years back, give or take, I first heard of BnS from watching a Youtube channel dedicated to some of that years best upcoming MMO's. I was floored by how the combat mechanic system seemed very unique. Consider up until that time, WoW, starwars galaxies everquest and a big handful of other MMO titles is what I had been used to. Then I noticed it was for an eastern region only and was crushed. * march to the gallows music* ...Then awhile latter the news of its western release *gong*....*light from heaven*. 

Ok so now that is out of the way, when I had first watch footage of the game, it seemed like there were more classes, or is there some kind of advanced class system that unlocks later? I definitely recall seeing a type of hunter class, or marksman...whatever it was called. Lets call him the class with the guns. I also thought there was one more, but the Class that was using the rifle and dual pistols in the advertised footage is what made an impression, and I have yet to see it in game..at all. Not a deal breaker by any means, just wondering if anyone knew what was up?

2 minutes ago, Preacher26 said:

Yeah just a warlock atm,

The guns you see were probably  quest items.

No the guns I saw were not items, they were in the hands of a class, that was being used in a pvp duel against a destroyer. Had a specific class name....It was something along the lines of Sharpshooter or marksman. Hell they even have a western gunslinger outfit you can buy in the store. I know in these kinds of games there is all kinds of weird and odd gear and outfits for cosmetic appearance only, (bunny ears).  But again that was footage of the eastern released BnS. was just wondering if anyone knew if it would be appearing  in the game later.

1 minute ago, Preacher26 said:

Well the other versions have been out like 4 years and there has been nothing like that released. Maybe it was an early beta class that got scrapped 5 years ago.

Bumber, it looked really cool. Had all kinds of gun skills and explosives it was using. If you watch the release trailer on the main page for this BnS version, there is a pistol wielding female character blasting away at some enemies. Oh well, its not that important, again just curious.

Well the rumored Musketeer class is releasing soon on the Chinese Servers I believe, maybe that's what you saw? But I looked into it and there is no confirmation from NCsoft if that's the actual class they are working on.

This has been discussed on and off in game and on the forum for a little bit now. I myself have seen what you are referring to, and I was disappointed to find that the character does not exist in OUR version. With a little more in depth searching, I believe I can piece together the confusion. The video in question was a promotional video, released I would say in either the end of 2011 or the beginning of 2012, NOT the stupid one of the destroyer fighting the NPC, it was set up more like a class video, like the others. The character was female, and made use of two twin pistols, and some kick moves.

Looking up more information, I find that the people who remember this are not crazy. This WAS a planned class, that they ultimately decided was not working out how they planned and was scrapped for the time being to work on the other classes that we also don't have. The Qi Master (seriously?! WHY is EVERYONE a MASTER? Surprised I'm not an Assassin MASTER...) is the newest class, with a new one being teased. This new teased class is currently widely speculated to be the cancelled gunslinger.

To ease anyone's fear, as I understand it, we actually ARE fully caught up to the content in other countries, they are just releasing it at a staggered pace to avoid content stagnation and to ease content gaps as well. Gotta give the back end time to catch up to the front line, right? R..right? Where'd everybody go?

But yeah. No one is crazy, and we MAY yet get a gunslinger class.

14 minutes ago, Froggyman said:

This has been discussed on and off in game and on the forum for a little bit now. I myself have seen what you are referring to, and I was disappointed to find that the character does not exist in OUR version. With a little more in depth searching, I believe I can piece together the confusion. The video in question was a promotional video, released I would say in either the end of 2011 or the beginning of 2012, NOT the stupid one of the destroyer fighting the NPC, it was set up more like a class video, like the others. The character was female, and made use of two twin pistols, and some kick moves.

Looking up more information, I find that the people who remember this are not crazy. This WAS a planned class, that they ultimately decided was not working out how they planned and was scrapped for the time being to work on the other classes that we also don't have. The Qi Master (seriously?! WHY is EVERYONE a MASTER? Surprised I'm not an Assassin MASTER...) is the newest class, with a new one being teased. This new teased class is currently widely speculated to be the cancelled gunslinger.

To ease anyone's fear, as I understand it, we actually ARE fully caught up to the content in other countries, they are just releasing it at a staggered pace to avoid content stagnation and to ease content gaps as well. Gotta give the back end time to catch up to the front line, right? R..right? Where'd everybody go?

But yeah. No one is crazy, and we MAY yet get a gunslinger class.

Yeah that was the trailer I saw, I saw the one with the destroyer fighting the npc as well but in that one they don't name the gun user just the destroyer, anyway thanks for the info. I knew I wasn't losing it....well I don't "know" , in its most common meaning that I am not losing it...but its more of a feeling.  *eye twitch*

Archived