[Help] FPS Drop - Low CPU and GPU Usage

Xmitty

I am hoping someone here can give me some more ideas to fix this issue. To preface, here are the specs I am working with.

Windows 8.1

i7-4820K @ 3.7GHz (Clocked to 4.2GHz and stable)

GIGABYTE X79-UP4 MoBo

MSI GTX 780

When I am running solo or with a few people, I can easily maintain 80-120 fps. No issues at all. Always stable and smooth, maybe the occasional dip to 60-80. This is on max settings. The CPU and GPU are running cool (40-50C) and are maintaining 60-100% usage.

The issues comes when I do any event with a lot of people. I'm not expecting to run 120 frames, but I drop down to 1-5 fps with horrible stuttering that can last seconds. Literally unplayable. When I look at my GPU or CPU I see that they are running at 10-30% with no rise or fall in temperature.

Why would they max out usage and give me amazing performance when nothing is going on, yet stop performing when anything intensive happens? I've tried most everything to fix this and was hoping someone might have a better soultion or an explanation as to why when my hardware needs to perform the most it stops performing all together.

Any help appreciated!

2 hours ago, Xmitty said:

I am hoping someone here can give me some more ideas to fix this issue. To preface, here are the specs I am working with.

Windows 8.1

i7-4820K @ 3.7GHz (Clocked to 4.2GHz and stable)

GIGABYTE X79-UP4 MoBo

MSI GTX 780

When I am running solo or with a few people, I can easily maintain 80-120 fps. No issues at all. Always stable and smooth, maybe the occasional dip to 60-80. This is on max settings. The CPU and GPU are running cool (40-50C) and are maintaining 60-100% usage.

The issues comes when I do any event with a lot of people. I'm not expecting to run 120 frames, but I drop down to 1-5 fps with horrible stuttering that can last seconds. Literally unplayable. When I look at my GPU or CPU I see that they are running at 10-30% with no rise or fall in temperature.

Why would they max out usage and give me amazing performance when nothing is going on, yet stop performing when anything intensive happens? I've tried most everything to fix this and was hoping someone might have a better soultion or an explanation as to why when my hardware needs to perform the most it stops performing all together.

Any help appreciated!

The game has terrible optimization in it's current state.

There's nothing wrong with your computer.

It's only fixable by the devs. This issue isn't centered around any specific type of hardware or configuartion. The game in general is just badly optimized.

This game is more CPU intensive than GPU, however even god-tier CPU's with top of the line single-core performance are struggling with this game.

I get 100-120 fps with an old i7 and gtx 980. Idk what you're on about, but more players = less frames. This game is half a decade old and uses an engine even older, so it's obviously going to have problems. Are you using an SSD? 

5 minutes ago, iKickz said:

I get 100-120 fps with an old i7 and gtx 980. Idk what you're on about, but more players = less frames. This game is half a decade old and uses an engine even older, so it's obviously going to have problems. Are you using an SSD? 

i have to play on settings level 2, otherwise my frames drop below 60 often. 
I should be able to play on max settings with my hardware. 

1 minute ago, aaabbbcccdddaaa said:

i have to play on settings level 2, otherwise my frames drop below 60 often. 
I should be able to play on max settings with my hardware. 

I played maxed settings. Using windows 7. I also have a SC acx 2.0. I'm using an i7 920 that's 6 years old aswell. I see my fps drop drop below 60 in crowded areas.

4 minutes ago, iKickz said:

I played maxed settings. Using windows 7. I also have a SC acx 2.0. I'm using an i7 920 that's 6 years old aswell. I see my fps drop drop below 60 in crowded areas.

It's not working out for me, i max almost every single game out there.

It might be the case where  this game works better for older CPU.

If i turn to max settings i get 40 fps when i'm alone, unplayable.

Also the CPU and GPU usage is really low.

57 minutes ago, aaabbbcccdddaaa said:

It's not working out for me, i max almost every single game out there.

It might be the case where  this game works better for older CPU.

If i turn to max settings i get 40 fps when i'm alone, unplayable.

Also the CPU and GPU usage is really low.

Yea, my specs run every game on max with NO problem, but this I struggle to get 40 fps. Even after overclocking.

Archived