Marketplace Bugged/Not Working? Anyone have this?

Jacks69

I'm not sure why, but my Marketplace is completely broken. The "hit markers" for the various menus are hard to click on, the fonts seem out of place, and my search bar doesn't work
Re-logging, quitting, changing characters, and the typical "Did you try turning it off and on again?" solutions didn't help.

Image: http://imgur.com/sZWAHHM

Anyone have similar experiences? Or know why this happens?

I should mention I use the Japanese voice packs, even though I do not believe that it has anything to do with it, because I've encountered the problem before and tried to remove them and had the same problem.

Pls halp <3

11 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Try clearing your IE cache.

What is the exact directory of the IE cache? And can you specify exactly what I am supposed to delete so that I do not mess it up?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm updating my IE right now, hopefully that fixes it, will post if it does.

5 minutes ago, Jacks69 said:

What is the exact directory of the IE cache? And can you specify exactly what I am supposed to delete so that I do not mess it up?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm updating my IE right now, hopefully that fixes it, will post if it does.

For future reference

Launch IE, go to Options->Internet options, then in general tab, press Delete, make sure to check "Temporary internet files" and "Cookies and website data", uncheck Preserve favorites.

89OGfW4.png

6 minutes ago, Enhance said:

For future reference

Launch IE, go to Options->Internet options, then in general tab, press Delete, make sure to check "Temporary internet files" and "Cookies and website data", uncheck Preserve favorites.

89OGfW4.png

Clearing the cache didn't fix it. My friend said he doesn't even have IE installed and his F5 (Marketplace) works fine.

I did a fresh install recently, and as I said did not mod or change anything beyond just putting in the Jap voice packs (which even on the fresh install, I had my F5 glitched)

I can't seem to update my IE because it keeps telling me I need Win7 SP1 (And mine's Ultimate (?) ) in order to update.

I'm at a loss here...

IE doesn't need to be installed, you can access internet options from Windows control panel, it's just associated with IE. But long story short, the marketplace is actually a browser. It uses (likely) the default internet settings, some broken cached files could mess the layout.

You could try clearing cache from your default browser as well - hope it wasn't IE - and make sure your antivirus doesn't mess with traffic.

7 minutes ago, Enhance said:

IE doesn't need to be installed, you can access internet options from Windows control panel, it's just associated with IE. But long story short, the marketplace is actually a browser. It uses (likely) the default internet settings, some broken cached files could mess the layout.

You could try clearing cache from your default browser as well - hope it wasn't IE - and make sure your antivirus doesn't mess with traffic.

Cleared cache from both IE + Chrome, turned off Avast, all while game was turned off, got into the game, same situation still. Sigh. Thank you for all the info though, just unlucky that doesn't fix it :(

Thanks that'd be great, I dare not tinker with the files inside of the directory, I did find a folder with the name "markets" but nothing that was just labeled "cache" or something that would make me feel at ease deleting them. If you figure out anything further I'd appreciate it, if I don't manage to fix it soon I'll have to try contacting NCSoft in hopes that they have an idea of why it's happening.

Again, appreciate the help! :)

10 minutes ago, Jacks69 said:

Thanks that'd be great, I dare not tinker with the files inside of the directory, I did find a folder with the name "markets" but nothing that was just labeled "cache" or something that would make me feel at ease deleting them. If you figure out anything further I'd appreciate it, if I don't manage to fix it soon I'll have to try contacting NCSoft in hopes that they have an idea of why it's happening.

Again, appreciate the help! :)

Right, I just remembered a few more solutions that worked for people having issues with marketplace. Close client beforehand.

Launch cmd as administrator, try running:

ipconfig /dnsflush

If that doesn't work (marketplace still glitched), run

netsh int ipv4 reset

Do tell if it helps!

Having this issue as well. Bit of a pain in the neck since I'm at the part where you have to buy transformation stones if you're not a potter.

5dTQ9YT.jpg

It's like this no matter which marketplace I go to or if I press F5. It's clearness is probably because I had my transparency down really low at one point, but I shifted it back. This still happens. Clicking on the categories doesn't bring out the subcatagories and the search function is broken so I more or less have zero way to buy anything in the market. It was working before. Items that I was selling still are sold or given back to me.

I'll try the solutions posted, but this is more of a hey NCSoft you have a mildly gamebreaking bug post.

Hey guys sorry for not replying earlier, was not home during the weekend.

However at least on my part I come back with good news, I logged in today and whatever the issue was it's gone. My Marketplace is fully functional, didn't touch anything after I cleared IE cache, came back and poof, problem gone.

I'll count my blessings, and hope that anyone else with this problem was as lucky as I was!

Archived