new server won't help, expand capacity of servers plz!!

seawindzjr

48 minutes ago, omeed said:

Hey there,

You're definitely thinking through this correctly. People who are invested in servers don't tend to switch. We don't have the ability to add capacity to servers - we tested capacity during beta - and set the sizes based on what they could hold. 

A couple additional things to think about:

1) Low queues mean people with no attachments are likely to go to new servers, rather than adding to existing queues.

2) We still have a TREMENDOUS amount of new players coming in every day that need to go somewhere. Remember, this is just day 3 - and we haven't gotten to the weekend yet.

Adding new servers won't solve the issue by itself - but it will take some pressure off. Based on what we've seen so far today, we're looking at how quickly we can add MORE servers. 

If this is true, why did you wait till now to get more servers? You said you set the sizes based on what they could hold, this should mean you knew you didn't have enough capacity for all the players and decided to ignore it.

17 minutes ago, corazza1995 said:

Ok... i still on #13 (which is not a suprise, buuut)

Asked to my friend few minutes ago, he was on 1240, while i was on 13.

Now he is on 1208, and i still on #13.

Both of us are Free Members and play on the same server...

Nothing to say...

I dont understand, are you complaining that he wwent up in queue and you didn't? You understand that there were 1227 people between you and him?! Of these 32 left queue and put him to rank 1208, while none of the 12 people in front of you left or could log into the game

Started the Queue was 14:30 of my timezone.

Now is 00:42, i'm going to the bed, and i'm still on the queue.

GG queue.

Let see if tomorow i'll be able to play the game, 'cause this is the second day that i wastle all the day on the queue. Sad, was expecting that after this maintance they will fixed the queue, but nope.

22 hours ago, Ephemiel said:

If this is true, why did you wait till now to get more servers? You said you set the sizes based on what they could hold, this should mean you knew you didn't have enough capacity for all the players and decided to ignore it.

Not quite. They only know the amount of people who pre-purchased for headstart as the population, and there were no issues during headstart aside from too many people congregating to the same server. There was plenty of extra space on the other servers.

They did not know how many people would join when the f2p launch came, and that's where the queue problems also came. They knew they had enough for the players they were nearly guaranteed to have, they couldn't know how much they would need when it launched for free users.

Archived