Fighting Assassin's and Force Master's as KFM

Utage

I can beat the majority of other classes as KFM with relative ease but these guys always get me. Force Master's are constantly moving and just keep freezing me so I can't get close enough to do a decent amount of damage, countering their spells only works so long as they don't move behind me. For Assassin's, I can rarely pull of any moves with their blind attack/invisibility/stunlocks.

Any fellow KFM's have any tips for these guys? They're the only class I struggle with in PvP.

Assassin tip:

Knock them down once and grapple them, then SPAM your back step. They will break your grapple with their blind bomb, but if you are spamming your backstep you won't get hit by it, and they will have wasted 1 of their biggest escapes. 

Also don't hit them when they are doing their counter. They put their hands up like naruto or some crap and when you hit them they turn invisible and swap with a log. Don't hit them when they are doing that.

After they blow their CC breaks, stun them and 3rf the shit out of them

Force Master:

Backstep out of all of their roots. 

I just did a few more arena matches, I'm doing better against assassins, actually won a few matches against them. But I've lost against every single Force Master I've fought. They root me down before I can backstep out again and when I finally do manage to get close they use their grab and toss me back. I can hardly scratch these guys.

16 hours ago, Dremlock said:

Assassin tip:

Knock them down once and grapple them, then SPAM your back step. They will break your grapple with their blind bomb, but if you are spamming your backstep you won't get hit by it, and they will have wasted 1 of their biggest escapes. 

Also don't hit them when they are doing their counter. They put their hands up like naruto or some crap and when you hit them they turn invisible and swap with a log. Don't hit them when they are doing that.

After they blow their CC breaks, stun them and 3rf the shit out of them

Force Master:

Backstep out of all of their roots. 

Also for FM COUNTER EVERYTHING.

Avenging fist middle tree tier 3 gets you the ability to remove immobility mind you it can only be used once every 18 seconds after a counter but it's solid.  On top of this I get Ice guard and points into Q/E, SS gives 100% evasion for a short period of time after evading super duper good.  Then just stick on them and don't ever let them get away. Also you should look into investing points into counter (I currently don't have enough to do it yet but either 3 points in first/second tree would be sufficient. (I prefer elbow smash) Also far right tree in second wind is quite good too. 2-3 points in there should be more then enough.

As for force masters they want to burst you down quick and bad ones will blow every bit of their CC in the early fights so if you can evade and counter their spells and stay in close usually you will be ok.  Basically you want to grab as much CC removal as you can as that's the goal of the FM before I had enough points to do this I was getting absolutely destroyed by FM's but now that I can break out of pretty much anything they have become a pile of goo at my feet even at level 34.

Archived