First Youtube Video Ever! Quick and Brief Low Level PVE Force Master Guide

Volatility

Hey guys! Just created my first youtube video ever on the Force Master. It was pretty nerve racking, so please excuse my minor stuttering and errors. I created this video because I wanted to help some of the newer players with their skill points, and I find the Force Master the most fun at moment. The wait is finally over, the game is officially here after 3-4 years! #HYPE. Hope this video was at least entertaining to some of you guys and actually helped out a new player who is just starting out! Let me know what you guys think of this video!

Here it is: 

Thank you for your time :).

You seem like a really nice person ! Cool vid here, even if we kinda feel that you are thinking about what to say as you are talking...

I hope I am clear here... Maybe prepare yourself a little bit more with importants tips and things you want to cover.

I think you need more precise and in depth content to beef up this quick guide. Just a thought I had... 

I really don't want to sound harsh. Everybody gotta start with something. right ? :) So props to you for making the first move !

Good luck for the next one, and enjoy BnS !

Dang, my response got lost when the forums went down. Thanks for all the constructive criticism!! Greatly appreciated. I had a bunch of papers on my table set up in front of me while I was recording, but I guess I was just too nervous and not used to recording myself talk. Maybe when I get more used to and experienced with recording myself, I'll revisit this and give it another go! Thanks again for watching and all the kinds words! I don't think any of it was harsh at all! Stay Awesome :)

Hey there, pretty good for starters!

Here's some more pointers for PvE that I got from my experience:

After leveling FM to 45 twice, I really came to enjoy Shadow Grasp->Meteor Shower->(Blazing palm/Cold spam for a while)->Dragonwhorl->Impact combo. It's really good for dungeons or any mob groups: sprint past everything, then turn around and do it. Mobs get pulled in, meteor showered, then frozen and finally stunned for two seconds. Cleared in minutes, and mobs are ccd the whole time! With your build you could also add Dragonchar into it for more damage.

Also, the right path of Blazing Palm is pretty useful for that combo, it jumps between people and stacks Ember, making Impact do crazy damage on ice break - as well as for solo boss scenarios, where the bounce gets rid of pesky summons and heals you up with additional crit.

I've also experimented with turning Dragonchar into Ice Rain, combo up with Cold Snap, and it's crazy! We are very lucky to have our Hongmoon weapon restore tons of Focus, when procs go correctly, it's a surreal single-target damage (bosses!). Check it out!

So, when you plan on making a video, I would recommend writing down points to talk about in a good and flowing order, and relax a bit more. To me it almost seemed like you were trying to force the joke/casual talk to make the video appear more carefree.

Advice on making it flow better: write down the topics and why they are good and refer to the paper as you make the video. It would not only make the video quicker allowing you to have more time for other things (Casual talk, explanation, maybe an intro or outro to your videos if you really get into youtube videos.) And if you plan on making more videos leave the other explainations for those videos by saying something like, I will get into that in the next video, etc. This would give people the urge to watch your other videos if they want to hear what you want to say.

Otherwise good duration for a little tutorial video, nice and short descriptions that make sense. Keep up the good work and hope to see ya around :D

@Enhance That skill combo does sound pretty insane, can't wait til I get to lv45. Thank you for the tips! it's so fun to see groups of monsters laid to waste by Force master's fire and ice animations/effects! Thanks again for checking out my video and I appreciate the kind words!

@Jaxum\ Thank you for your criticism and all the advice, I can understand your perspective. You brought up very valid points, it was quite the challenge to make a video brief and informative. I'll try my best to make my future videos flow better. Once again, thank you for checking out my first youtube video, and your words really do motivate me to create better content!

Thank you to everyone for the support and took time out of their day to watch this! Speaking of future videos, I will be uploading one tomorrow! 

Stay awesome, and continue to enjoy Blade and Soul :)

Archived