24 hours and still can't get past the updater...

DeathsEye

So i download the game last night after realized it was finally FINALLY released... i let the update run, then i get error E02018. Okay, no biggie, continue update... E02018... well i kept up the cycle until im down to just 20mb left :D so close... now i cant even get it to move, it keeps giving E02018.

Google... okay, lots of people have this issue, suggesting a reboot, disable firewall, and close unneeded programs that might conflict with the launcher.. did all 3, update... E02018.

Go to sleep, go to work, come home, turn on pc, update... E02018... uninstall, delete all files, reinstall, repeat update cycle... E02018, on the exact same files. They exist in the directory it complains about though.

Seriously, what is up with this E02018 error?? My girlfriend got the game working on her hunk-of-junk laptop in 20 minutes, but i been playing with it 24 hours and nothing?! What in the name of god is going on!!!

• NCSOFT

Hello DeathsEye,

We're sorry that you're having trouble getting past the updater. Have you visited this knowledge base article yet? https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/207539943-Errors-E01005-E02018-E02015-E02016-E02019. We'd also recommend contacting the support center as they have the means to troubleshoot your issues with you. 

I will be moving this thread over to the Player to Player Support forum so players who have experienced the same issue can help you out. Also be sure you are using the launch client launcher and not the closed beta client launcher.

17 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

Hello DeathsEye,

We're sorry that you're having trouble getting past the updater. Have you visited this knowledge base article yet? https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/207539943-Errors-E01005-E02018-E02015-E02016-E02019. We'd also recommend contacting the support center as they have the means to troubleshoot your issues with you. 

I will be moving this thread over to the Player to Player Support forum so players who have experienced the same issue can help you out. Also be sure you are using the launch client launcher and not the closed beta client launcher.

Yes i did try the suggestions made on the page you provided, even the one with msconfig, but upon a reboot afterwards and running the patcher directly after, the patcher quickly shoots to about 25% with no download speed (idk why, it did that every time i went to update, different lengths each time) and then my download speed popped up at 2MB/S and rapidly dropped. Once it reached around 200KB/S it sat for a second before stopping completely with this message:
------------------------------
[Update Error] Cannot Download file.
Please restart the launcher. If this problem persists, please contact Customer Support at http://us.ncsoft.com/en/support/.

E02018
DP_G18_0_11/514823ae
Zip/contents/bns/CookedPC/00031179.upk.zip:PI652:PL8388608
-----------------------------
i did not send a report to the address since ive seen at least 100 people over multiple websites already doing it, i figured ncsoft was already aware of this issue. Also, the "Report Error" button on that error message... well once you click send it just keeps saying "sending failed"

And thank you for guiding me to the right thread, im not a huge forum user, and i wasnt quite sure if this was a more-or-less technical area or if it was more in-game stuff.

But yea, i really really just want to play this game. I know the queues are long but id really enjoy just getting to the main menu at least...

1 minute ago, Aegon said:

try to use a VPN just  to download this update , worked for me

i did try a VPN through TeamViewer (its kinda confusing so i wont go through the details of how that works xD) but it still ran into the same issue. Perhaps TV is just a different kind of vpn, could you perhaps point me in the right direction of a free vpn i should use, i would greatly appreciate that... <(o^o)>

5 minutes ago, Taemaybae said:

Question please: How do you use VPN??

Download WTFast

As far as the patcher goes , I'm not sure if you've tried it but maybe you can grab another launcher/patcher exe file from a friend? 
It also helps that after you restart your computer you launch the patcher and click on "File Repair" on the bottom left of the patcher. 

Make sure you downloaded the newest patcher on their site as well. The beta one won't work. 

5 minutes ago, Random said:

Download WTFast

As far as the patcher goes , I'm not sure if you've tried it but maybe you can grab another launcher/patcher exe file from a friend? 
It also helps that after you restart your computer you launch the patcher and click on "File Repair" on the bottom left of the patcher. 

Make sure you downloaded the newest patcher on their site as well. The beta one won't work. 

My Friend dowloaded her game from the same website that everyone else normally got it from. I never used the Beta launcher. Atm, im downloading Bns again and WTFast

20 minutes ago, Aegon said:

WTFast don't help in this case. he cant download it because the server is blocking him , download a VPN called "HotSpot Shield" just click to connect and its done .

20 minutes ago, Taemaybae said:

My Friend dowloaded her game from the same website that everyone else normally got it from. I never used the Beta launcher. Atm, im downloading Bns again and WTFast

26 minutes ago, Random said:

Download WTFast

Thank you all for such fast replies, however...
I tried WTFast through steam as steam has it and i use that a lot xD 25% and E02018..
also tried Hotspot Shield (in united states if that matters...) and still E02018...
Same files also...
i dont get it D:

Also, isnt VPN for if your blocked? if so, why is it only these 3 particular files that i cant get every reinstall?
These are the files btw:
00024000.upk.zip
00031179.upk.zip
treebroken_001a.upk.zip

OKAY so i talked with my girlfriend and she said that her friend from another country used a vpn due to the same issue i had and chose Sweden, so i used Hotspot Shield and selected Sweden and bam, it worked like a charm! Thank you all very much again, i am extremely grateful to all of you :D

5 minutes ago, DeathsEye said:

OKAY so i talked with my girlfriend and she said that her friend from another country used a vpn due to the same issue i had and chose Sweden, so i used Hotspot Shield and selected Sweden and bam, it worked like a charm! Thank you all very much again, i am extremely grateful to all of you :D

Okay so to confirm: 

1) Use Hotspot Shield (The game will still be in English?)

2) Selected Sweden

3) Restart the launcher?

Mind linking me the Hotspot link?

Capture_BNS.png

Hotspot shield whatever country selected NOT working ..I didn't even see the Launcher yet. All I get after installing BnS_Lite_Installer.exe from BnS website after doubleclicking BnS icon from desktop ..is NCSOFT Launcher [Data error] window with E01005 NIC updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com_17231940 message. Could not connect to the update server.

That's all. That's what I have seen so far from Blade and Soul game. In two days. A error message. I've tried everything sugested from forums and players. Nada, zero , zilch, nula, nic, koniec.

This fkn window is my complete BnS experience so far.

On 1/21/2016 at 9:03 PM, Taemaybae said:

Okay so to confirm: 

1) Use Hotspot Shield (The game will still be in English?)

2) Selected Sweden

3) Restart the launcher?

Mind linking me the Hotspot link?

https://www.hotspotshield.com/

Easy as 1-2-3; download and install, then once the window for it pops up (or during the installation) set the country to Sweden and then launch the game launcher and update ^_^ Yes the game will still be in english, but i do recommend after its done patching to disable or even uninstall hotspot shield. I say disable because it could lag you or cause issues in-game, and uninstall because it starts up and launches everytime you turn your computer on and it causes a lot of issues for me personally with steam, skype, firefox, etc, etc xD And you don't even have to restart the computer during this process, but you should restart the launcher once you setup the connection.

On 1/21/2016 at 2:01 AM, Taemaybae said:

How long did it take?

It takes about 2 minutes to install the hotspot shield, and as long as needed to download the patch (i recommend constantly spamming the update button until you get down to only the files you cant get... it does work even if you dont do that, but it will slow down your average DL speed a little bit)

On 1/21/2016 at 10:31 AM, milaysky said:

Capture_BNS.png

Hotspot shield whatever country selected NOT working ..I didn't even see the Launcher yet. All I get after installing BnS_Lite_Installer.exe from BnS website after doubleclicking BnS icon from desktop ..is NCSOFT Launcher [Data error] window with E01005 NIC updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com_17231940 message. Could not connect to the update server.

That's all. That's what I have seen so far from Blade and Soul game. In two days. A error message. I've tried everything sugested from forums and players. Nada, zero , zilch, nula, nic, koniec.

This fkn window is my complete BnS experience so far.

I looked up your error and people had various solutions, restarting the computer, disabling firewall and antivirus, and some just waited and it fixed itself. i suggest uninstalling Blade and Soul AND the NCSoft launcher, and manually going in to delete and loose files and folders, then completely reinstall. Hopefully that helps ^_^

Hopefully you won't have to experience constant computer crashing/black screen like I did. Got to level 6 without any problems until the screen kept turning black and my computer froze. Can play Witcher 3, ESO, GW2, FF14 on high settings but for this game constant crashing where I have to do a hard shutdown. And I've tried all the suggestions on the internet and the support team. I'm beginning to think B&S is an acronym for bullshit game. 

Archived