Treasure chests and Keys

Maaha

Do You mean the difference between a Hongmoon and a normal Key? No, there's no difference when it comes to a better drop, however, You can get a weapon suitable for Your class instead than getting a random one (ex. for a BM when youre FM) when using a special key.

As far as I understand it, there are 3 categories of keys.

1.  special keys (i.e. Brilliant Viridian Key)

2.  Hongmoon keys

3.  Keys.

1, 2, and 3 can be used to open certain chests in inventory.  If you use a key of type 1, it'll guarantee you the correct weapon for your class.  Typically, you should hold off and only use this key (if you have one) for chests that give weapons you can't trade.  key types 2 and 3 give (as near as I can tell) the same odds for the different stuff.

Key type 3 is the only (as far as I'm aware) key that can open the "in world" chests found at the end of every dungeon.  These chests will only have the green "hey, you can interact with this" indicator if you have a key.  From what I've seen, the rewards in these objects are usually far less than the value of the key it takes to open, so unless I find out I've just been getting unlucky, opening 'em seems a suckers bet.  (They tend to have the normal heal pots/dumplings so far, which can be crafted for a handful of coppers.  While you CAN craft keys, the mats for them last I checked were more expensive than just buying the keys themself... probably 'cause from what I can tell crafting keys is pretty much the only way to raise radiant ring skill.)

Archived