I had no clue what server to join

LadyMidday

I just posted a rant complaining about how there is no indicator that tells you how populated a server is, most MMO's at least have an indicator to tell you if a server is highly populated and what not. 

I'm in the same boat, I joined a random server and the queue time is 3000-4000 right now and I'm #1380 currently with a 65 minute wait time but I've already been waiting over an hour to get into the game and I'll most likely be waiting a few more hours. Everyone is experiencing this issue, in my opinion every server has a long queue time so it doesn't matter at this point what server your pick; you will end up waiting at least an hour if not longer to get into the game. 

People are claiming some servers are empty or have low population but I don't see how they would know that since the game does not give you an indication on server populations so I wouldn't listen to those people, they are talking out their "Butt" since I can't say ass.  

I joined Old Man Cho thinking it won't be as populated as Poharan and jiwan (forget about Mushin) and would be safe from becoming ghost server. Well, just now I had to wait for 30 minutes to be connected, although last night queue was only 3-4 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Skygenesis92 said:

... I wouldn't listen to those people, they are talking out their "Butt" since I can't say ass.  

This piece in your post is quite redundant.

In response to OP: Poharan is actually a well-populated server, since a couple of streamers streamed early-access from there. The system that is currently emplaced isn't all that bad. Showing the population of a server doesn't always mean the servers will balance out; naturally, players will flock to the most populated server(s). All the servers here are NA based, however, this doesn't mean the community will be native English speakers. You could have ended up in a 'BR server' or <insert foreign place> server. Anyone who sits here QQ'ing over the queue timers is clearly immature and doesn't consider the possibility that the support team at NCsoft isn't aware of this ever-growing issue. Stay patient and rational: go outside, talk to a friend or family member - be a 'normal' human being.

Damn it man, is there seriously a recommended server list? I didn't see it AT ALL, welp too late now since I'm already in queue for Jiwan but it seems Jiwan was not a server that I should have joined. I've seen more talk about Jiwan than any other server so far, I just picked it randomly so I guess this means I have garbage luck since I just had to pick the worst server in the game. Is there a reason Jiwan is the most popular server? I wouldn't have picked it IF I HAD KNOWN.

2 hours ago, Pauliea said:

I joined Old Man Cho thinking it won't be as populated as Poharan and jiwan (forget about Mushin) and would be safe from becoming ghost server. Well, just now I had to wait for 30 minutes to be connected, although last night queue was only 3-4 minutes.

Really? 30 minutes connected, that's a dream for me. I've been waiting an hour on Jiwan and I'm probably going to be waiting 2 to 3 more hours and you say last night it only took you THREE TO FOUR MINUTES?!?!? That's flipping amazing, I would kill to get into the game in THREE OR FOUR MINUTES. 

Lucky you, I'm frustrated beyond belief right now. 

1 minute ago, EaglesGamer33 said:

If they dont fix the login queue they better have a damn good excuse when they dont put in server transfers

Already looking for a "fix"?

It's the first launch day. What do you honestly expect?

Servers are going to populate fast and queues are going to happen.

Just be patient and go do something else as you wait.

Mushin's queue today so far has actually not been bad at all. In fact up to 4pm EST there was no queue at all. Everyone fled to escape the queue and now we are free of the queue. haha. Though I'm sure as the evening comes the queue will start up again.

2 hours ago, Skygenesis92 said:

Damn it man, is there seriously a recommended server list? I didn't see it AT ALL, welp too late now since I'm already in queue for Jiwan but it seems Jiwan was not a server that I should have joined. I've seen more talk about Jiwan than any other server so far, I just picked it randomly so I guess this means I have garbage luck since I just had to pick the worst server in the game. Is there a reason Jiwan is the most popular server? I wouldn't have picked it IF I HAD KNOWN.

Really? 30 minutes connected, that's a dream for me. I've been waiting an hour on Jiwan and I'm probably going to be waiting 2 to 3 more hours and you say last night it only took you THREE TO FOUR MINUTES?!?!? That's flipping amazing, I would kill to get into the game in THREE OR FOUR MINUTES. 

Lucky you, I'm frustrated beyond belief right now. 

I just knew Poharan and Jiwan would be out of question once the game launch to all, it's already quite populated during head start. But I guess Old Man Cho will be the 4th or 5th most populated server from now. 

3 minutes ago, Afroman said:

Even if you pick one of the recommended (which I did) my estimated wait time is a whole hour.

Yeah, there's still likely going to be a queue, especially at launch. Also F2P players have a different queue than subscribers, so the wait will be longer for people who don't have Premium Membership. That being said, the recommended servers are there so people don't randomly pick one of the most densely packed servers, which a few people have said they did because there was "no indication of which servers were full".

2 hours ago, InfinityParadox said:

This piece in your post is quite redundant.

In response to OP: Poharan is actually a well-populated server, since a couple of streamers streamed early-access from there. The system that is currently emplaced isn't all that bad. Showing the population of a server doesn't always mean the servers will balance out; naturally, players will flock to the most populated server(s). All the servers here are NA based, however, this doesn't mean the community will be native English speakers. You could have ended up in a 'BR server' or <insert foreign place> server. Anyone who sits here QQ'ing over the queue timers is clearly immature and doesn't consider the possibility that the support team at NCsoft isn't aware of this ever-growing issue. Stay patient and rational: go outside, talk to a friend or family member - be a 'normal' human being.

I'm 23 years old and in college, you are clearly talking to the wrong person. I also have no social life and I do nothing but play games on my computer, the internet is my life.  You know not everyone has friends and what not, not everyone is good at socializing. You might think I have no excuse not to have friends or have an active social life but I assure you that not everyone is great at making friends/talking with people. 

You don't know me or my life so I'd ask that you not assume/tell me what to do since you don't know me at all. 

Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, Skygenesis92 said:

You don't know me or my life so I'd ask that you not assume/tell me what to do since you don't know me at all. 

Where did I assume to know you? I gave you the most rational advice I could for the queue times and you, for some unknown reason, took offense to it. If you're insecure about your status in life, I'm no psychologist and can't aid you in that area. It's understandable to misunderstand a post because there is no verbal inflection in what I said, but I was not insulting you. 

28 minutes ago, Skygenesis92 said:

I just posted a rant complaining about how there is no indicator that tells you how populated a server is, most MMO's at least have an indicator to tell you if a server is highly populated and what not. 

I'm in the same boat, I joined a random server and the queue time is 3000-4000 right now and I'm #1380 currently with a 65 minute wait time but I've already been waiting over an hour to get into the game and I'll most likely be waiting a few more hours. Everyone is experiencing this issue, in my opinion every server has a long queue time so it doesn't matter at this point what server your pick; you will end up waiting at least an hour if not longer to get into the game. 

People are claiming some servers are empty or have low population but I don't see how they would know that since the game does not give you an indication on server populations so I wouldn't listen to those people, they are talking out their "Butt" since I can't say ass.  

Hey, there actually are some servers with lower populations. It took me less than 15 minutes to get into Yehara for example. You can easily get a rough estimate of the population based on your starting queue position. With that said, I do agree that it would be nice to get an indicator listed by the server name.

32 minutes ago, LadyMidday said:

Ended up joining Poharan. Longg queue to get in. Na servers are for na people right? I hope i didnt join some asian server

I did that same thing after looking for any clues on what to do and now I am stuck in a queue on Poharan

First thing's first: Every single server has a queue time for non-premium members. The recommended servers are just least populated with roughly 15-30 minute queues. The more popular servers have queues that are several hours long.

Second, all the servers are located in Texas. All the servers you see are for NA.

2 hours ago, InfinityParadox said:

Where did I assume to know you? I gave you the most rational advice I could for the queue times and you, for some unknown reason, took offense to it. If you're insecure about your status in life, I'm no psychologist and can't aid you in that area. It's understandable to misunderstand a post because there is no verbal inflection in what I said, but I was not insulting you. 

I'm not "Insecure" about anything I took offense because you chose poor wordage in your response, you shouldn't tell people to just go out and socialize with friends or family members, you are making a general assumption that everyone has friends and a social life which is not the case. 

I'm just saying that you should not "imply" things, what you should have said is "Oh go read a book, watch TV, play another video game" those suggestions are more acceptable instead of saying "Oh go hang out with your friends or socialize with people" as I said not everyone has friends or a social life, I'm not saying that is your problem but I am saying that you should be more aware and pick your words more carefully. 

2 hours ago, kensuaga said:

Thank you, after waiting 2 hours i got disconnected at placement #11 inline. I think i am going to build a new one for a different server.

I swear to god if this happens to me I'll just make a new char on a different server, I've been waiting for OVER TWO HOURS on Jiwan and I'm almost about to get in, I'm so afraid I'll disconnect after waiting over TWO HOURS. 

Archived