Exclusive Weapon skin one time deal? Just learned the hard way.

Geralt

I am a master founder, and I bought the highest package just recently and on time for name reservation and head start.

I missed all of the participation with closed beta testing so I had no prior information and only assumed that the weapon skin would be somewhat similar to the unique costumes we would keep in-game permanently. 

I wanted to read any information noted well with buying a Master's Founder Package only to find out forums were closed, and a lot of information was gone for the few days of the launch and was only able to clearly see some details of what other people said on fan websites. I'd like everyone to be clear that I'm a brand new player to the game and that I had no experience and tried to find information about a game I loved when I was in my teens and waited for this game to come to NA 3-4 years later.

When I added the skin to the very first weapon I had, I assumed it was very nice and that I had nothing to worry about if I reverted the changes somehow, as I thought if I paid 125 dollars for a unique skin and costumes that go with it that I wouldn't lose it and that it would be switchable with another weapon. There was no warnings or any precautions listed when I wanted to use the unique skin on the first weapon I had, was happy until I learned the hard way of an exclusive skin being lost because I wanted to place the skin on another weapon. It was a huge slap to my face. FAQ also did not provide any warnings about the exclusive weapon skin being a one time deal and shot with a weapon of your choosing.

Is there anyway NCSOFT is able to revert the mistake I made? Had I learned or was informed about the weapon skin being a one time use especially when buying the Master Founder Package I would've been much more careful with what I received with my purchase. Honestly I feel like giving feedback on how buying a Master's package of over $120 USD should not leave any bit of frustration among players especially when their new and are happy to be invested in playing this amazing game.

Other than having the privilege to play and have fun, I didn't let losing a weapon skin become the fuel to ruin my day and instead continued on and enjoyed the game, as I've waited for this game for a good 3-4 years, I only hope that someone might have stepped in my shoes and was able to receive their skin back.

I'm afraid you won't get your weapon skin back. You can read about the one time use of the unique weapon skin on the FAQ from the founders page, so I doubt NCSoft will help you here, but don't worry they don't look good anyways (compared to other weapons you'll get in the game) Enjoy playing :)

6 hours ago, Rezonance said:

Is it the same goes for outfit/costumes? once you use it, you can't get it back? So can you at least use that altered armor to then alter the appearance of another armors you get down the road?

The costumes should be account bound. I know for sure the Quick Draw costume is. The only thing that would lock costumes that I can think of is if you bought a race specific costume and tried to use it on a different race. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the original poster it's probably just as tinkerchel said.

1 hour ago, Sheet said:

The costumes should be account bound. I know for sure the Quick Draw costume is. The only thing that would lock costumes that I can think of is if you bought a race specific costume and tried to use it on a different race. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the original poster it's probably just as tinkerchel said.

If they are suppossed to be account bound then I am having an error in transferring via the wardrobe with all costumes not being shareable. Unless...you have to be of a certain level to access? Not to mention...at leastthe OP recieved the weapon skin from the founder pack.

Just want to let everyone know I sent a support ticket to NCSoft and got somewhat of a quick reply over my issue.

If anyone ever sees this, I encourage you to not feel discouraged if you lost your weapon skin, go and directly send a support ticket to NCSoft.

A huge thanks to their team they were understanding and were able to restore the exclusive skin I lost 2 days ago.
GM%20NCSOFT%20CARED.png

Their decisions to help me has seriously solidified my confidence in buying the founder's pack, To anyone who lost their weapons like I did, don't be afraid just ask and send in a support ticket they'll help you out!

Again, Thank you NCsoft!

Archived