Game Looks Like Crap In 4K? Anyone Else Having This Issue?

Aahlyia

I've seen plenty of tutorials on BnS, the graphics were on point, and one of the reasons I paid for the game. Now, I finally have the game, and it looks all etchy and shitty in 4k? It looks okay on our 24" 1080p tv, but I don't really want to play on that, when I have a 4k. Every other game (Inlcuding Tera) looks amazing on my tv. Wtf is going on? The game clearly has 4k support, because it is an option in resolution. But I have even tried changing it to lower resolutions on my 4k tv, and they all look equally as bad, or worse. Please help me.

People call it "Optimization", but I've noticed that this game's environment looks pretty bad even on maxed settings too. I'm not on 4k by the way.

On another note: 4k resolution doesn't mean 4k textures.

If they are still using small textures (which, I believe, they are, because most of the stuff looks bad if you zoom in a little, even in 1080p), 4k resolution won't give you anything besides cramping more into your screen.

Hey... You need to change your automatic windows scaling under

Right click on desktop ----> Display settings. If you have it at ANYTHING over 100% windows will zoom in on their textures giving you shit looking graphics.

Too bad because the game does look good in 4k, it just makes my UI so small I cant do anything with it.....

This game has VERY poor 4k support which kinda sucks >.>

7 hours ago, Revion said:

Hey... You need to change your automatic windows scaling under

Right click on desktop ----> Display settings. If you have it at ANYTHING over 100% windows will zoom in on their textures giving you shit looking graphics.

Too bad because the game does look good in 4k, it just makes my UI so small I cant do anything with it.....

This game has VERY poor 4k support which kinda sucks >.>

I think you are right! I changed the settings, and everything on my desktop is teenie tiny now lol! I haven't been able to launch the game tonight though.. Wondering if their new update messed it up. Hope it works, thanks so much! Update: I got the client running with a reddit post. It looks fan freaking tastic, thank you so much! You rock!

3 hours ago, ShenmueDragon said:

I've the same problem 4k.
Very blurred on  3840-2160 reso.

I fixed mine! It was the Display Settings. Changed it from 350% to 100%. Windows 10 at least, defaults it to a lot higher than 100%, because 4k content at it's normal size on a big screen is very tiny. When I switched it, the game immediately looked 1,000,000 times better. I guess because it is an older game, they don't have the scaling right or something. Idk, but this fix should work.

I think Revion probably solved your question, but if you still have issues I'd say the game lacks optimization. From my experience I am running a GTX Titan on a 144hz 1440p monitor with the game set for maximum settings and resolution set for 1440p (I can opt to do DSR from 4K). With these perimeters I will drop to 15 FPS and get as high as 80 FPS. Texture quality is 'blurry' regardless of what I have set. 

Archived