What is up with the Key binding and No actual fullscreen?!

KuroAka

So there seems to be missing key bindings that are not in the menu. I find it pretty frustrating that you can keybind some but not all the commands in the game. I have also found that the game for whatever reason does not register Mouse buttons 3, 4 even if they are set to back and forwards. Why does the fullscreen setting not actually do fullscreen? This makes no sense. Seems to be a lot of just really stupid issues with this game that should have been fixed well before headstart.   

What exactly is not fullscreen? Not doubting you at all, but I'm playing 1920x1080 which is default for my LCD, and it looks fullscreen to me, acts fullscreen...graphic details go to the edge like they're supposed to, mouse cursor stops at the edge like it does in other full screen games...only thing that I can think of that is slightly different is when I alt+tab, the game window stays up instead of minimizing, but that doesnt' bug me.

What is happening to you that is not normal for fullscreen behaviors?

In fact it's not in fullscreen but more in borderless windowed mode.

If you have two screens (like me) you'll have sometime the mouse going outside the game and going on the other screen.

You're alt-tab description is exactly what you have with borderless windowed mode.

Technically Borderless Windowed Mode doesn't exist. The correct term is Borderless Fullscreen. It'll cover the fullscreen length of your monitor, but able stay open in the background when another application is open on top, or won't minimize when going to secondary monitor(s). For Mouse Buttons 3, 4, etc, they do exist, but mainly for skills. Many people are using the Razer Naga when playing Blade & Soul. For it not to work for you, I believe that's dependent on what you're using it for. Also, the binding set on your Mouse Options are only for windows applications. Games don't recognize these commands, and are usually mapped default to something else.

My bad, I had Windowed Fullscreen in mind but confused myself when posting (who said need some sleep ? :) )

Anyway, they should add an option so we can choose what we want (even if I find this as default not so bad, when the mouse stays inside the screen :P).

As for the mouse, good clarification for those not aware of the windows applications bindings.

When a mouse exits your priority application(i.e. Game), generally you just click outside and click back into the application and it'll stay there. This is a problem with Windows itself, and not mainly the game. Windows is always doing operations in the background. When your mouse exits the application's bounding box (Outside the game's region/border), it means a process was started that has priority(only when started). I found the simply remedy would be to click outside and back into the game. I would generally only do this once every hour or two. It also helps to decrease your sensitivity as having a higher sensitivity will cause your mouse run out of the bounding box for a slight second. This happened to me when playing FPS games on Borderless Fullscreen and end up clicking outside the game, instead of getting that headshot when frantically turning around.

Yes, but it's a typical Borderless Fullscreen issue and with specifics games, 95% of my games (all running in borderless fullscreen) don't have this issue, so they may be some rare occasion when it's a windows app causing the issue, but 99% of the time it will be the game (Armored Warfare for example had that issue and it had been fixed after a patch).

In this it is the game that do not keep correctly the mouse inside if you go too quickly outside the window (with absolutely not other apps running except the game (exception of AV ofc))

What are you talking about games don't register mouse button 3 and 4? Every other game that I have ever played knows what those buttons are. You can map them just as any other in the key binding options. Do you guys not use mice that have more than 2 buttons? All the key bindings are not present in the options menu if that were the case keys would not be doing two different functions. The game also seems to have not see any Alt macros, They do know this is an MMO right, that works on PC and people like to have all the ability to set whatever keys and macros they want, right?  

Use your mouse software to change your extra buttons into the key used in the game (ie. I made my middle click = 2, my sides button into Z and X, etc.).

As for TRUE fullscreen, press ALT+ENTER at the same time. You will see the screen blink a few sec and then go intro true fullscreen.

Yea, no not going to do that. The game should work like every other game and shouldn't have to do stupid crap to make it work when it should just work. What was all that testing for if the game is going to have all least stupid issues? Needs to be fixed. 

Archived