Problem - The Soulstone and Moonstone Situation

Veru

I have seen brief talk of this issue across some threads but I really think it deserves its own thread and I'm surprised nobody has made it yet. Green Storm and the game team should really prioritize this problem. The gold income was fixed but now two necessary materials are scarce without an alternative way to farm them.

Since the Musician patch, Soulstone Plains is no longer available and there isn't anymore mining from the NPCs. Since this area is now gone, the game has no real way of farming Soulstones or Moonstones in reasonable quantities. In Korea, SSP was replaced by the Ethereal Battlegrounds, which we are not getting and the battleground area has actually been removed from the Korean version as well as of August. This has left them without a place to farm "SSP products", such as the final tier of Unity stones.

I was hoping for an official answer regarding what will be done to allow us to farm Moonstone and Soulstones again. I think SSP was a terrible area since its introduction (it is not really all that interactive or fun) and last time I was there, was earlier this year when I had to farm for my Ascension unity stones. It was deserted a lot but also had the typical bad actor trolling legitimately active players trying to farm. What I mean by trolling isn't PvP either. They were flat out using "what we are not allowed to discuss" to run into players and then run off to the base in a matter of seconds. So I think the area should stay dead but you can't just flat out remove it without an alternative.

I would also want to know if there IS an alternative the developers intended when removing SSP, such as maybe they want us to do Arena PvP for Soulstones? My friend has attempted to queue for arena but there is nobody doing it. Plus, a total of ~70-90 Soulstones for the box you get at Gold rank isn't really a lot. Since the Arena queue is dead, it would also take a bit to hit Gold and get 2k PvP Beans. Arena also doesn't give Moonstone, only the Battleground box does. I don't personally know anyone queuing for BGs anymore either.

I think forcing PvE players to PvP for PvE mats is a terrible idea and always has been, but please do try to give us an answer of how we are supposed to obtain Soulstones and Moonstones now.

Edited by Zombie King
  • Like 2

SSP has always been a 'pvp' area. Just that people prefer to be on one side for most benefit. Once price goes up to 40-50g per ss, It will be lucrative to do 1v1 even in silver-rank (gold is better, but not 100% required) to get soulstones.

1 hour ago, Pandana said:

SSP has always been a 'pvp' area. Just that people prefer to be on one side for most benefit. Once price goes up to 40-50g per ss, It will be lucrative to do 1v1 even in silver-rank (gold is better, but not 100% required) to get soulstones.

I personally don't mind if the developers now intend players to arena pvp for Soulstones but an official answer would be welcomed, whether the Western community receives it positive or negatively. They just removed SSP and left the player base in the dark about where to now get Soulstones and Moonstones. If this is indeed the new way, then we need players to start queuing up for Arena during peak times but again, I think people need an official answer here on the forums since this is the main way the West team communicates to the player base.

Edit: Also, they do still have to add a new way to get the final tier of Unity stones. The ones that used to require ethereal vials and the faction tokens from SSP, so I also wanted to highlight that issue.

Edited by Zombie King

• 3 months later...
On 11/2/2022 at 2:31 PM, Zombie King said:

I personally don't mind if the developers now intend players to arena pvp for Soulstones but an official answer would be welcomed, whether the Western community receives it positive or negatively. They just removed SSP and left the player base in the dark about where to now get Soulstones and Moonstones. If this is indeed the new way, then we need players to start queuing up for Arena during peak times but again, I think people need an official answer here on the forums since this is the main way the West team communicates to the player base.

Edit: Also, they do still have to add a new way to get the final tier of Unity stones. The ones that used to require ethereal vials and the faction tokens from SSP, so I also wanted to highlight that issue.

I am bumping this thread up to pick people's brain.

@Green Storm something's got to give about this on-going issue. I can afford to purchase battle pass plaques and all that, but it isn't fair for other people who cannot afford to do so. It's the most needed mats to craft and all and it's just sad that it is locked behind a pay wall.