4-5 fps and game is unplayable

ZeroGs

• 2 weeks later...

So I was having the same thing and went through sooo many things. Reinstalled/drivers/app data clears, etc.. Game was working at first too, but i did one change (not even graphic and went to crap). Regardless of setting. 

Eventually when I was posting a video of it, I noticed - I had no sound... Turns out, my game was using oculus audio driver (even if my oculus was unplugged). 

I disabled that driver, and my game was fixed. How that fixes FPS, I have no clue... (That was my solution). 

• Like 2

On 9/10/2021 at 3:23 PM, ZeroGs said:

So no idea why but my fps is locked at 5 fps I tried settings and every solution I could find but since U4 update the game just does not work. 

If your pc should be able to handle it, it's most likely FTH being triggered..
Google how to clear FTH entries and how to disable FTH and follow the steps.

As someone who had this issue, I don't think it is. Like for me, the game ran fine until setting change. Like I said for mine, it was the audio device it was trying to leverage. Some how this caused the whole thing to slow down. 

So you can look at his, and just saying - look at your audio devices, try disabling all but the one you need see if that does it, worked for me. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2021 at 10:11 PM, Lumali said:

As someone who had this issue, I don't think it is. Like for me, the game ran fine until setting change. Like I said for mine, it was the audio device it was trying to leverage. Some how this caused the whole thing to slow down. 

So you can look at his, and just saying - look at your audio devices, try disabling all but the one you need see if that does it, worked for me. 

Omg, thank you, it was Oculus audio device all along. You are a lifesaver.