GamePad Temporary workaround fix 'reWASD' Xbox360 Controller

Silk Rivaliant

This is a key remapper for controllers
the provided configuration settings is for an Xbox 360 controller

might give you an idea on what to do from here with other remappers if you so wish as it works on all other controllers it seems

https://www.rewasd.com/

download reWASD and install
it comes with 14day free trial and a few days for the advance features
which sucks but hey, its an easy fix to see if you guys like it until and if we get gamepad functionality back

download my contoller map settings
https://www.mediafire.com/file/j037euu1w6cvecv/RivaliantsBnSv0.rewasd/file

this is Version 0 that is mostly like the default from Gamepad settings from BnS UE3
however with some minor adjustments

the program works in pages

Main Page has all movements maped as well as face controls to top row of skills and items on dpad

Page 1 through holding LB accesses the second row of skills, camera zoom via Dpad, talisman, and tab skill

Page 2 through holding RB accesses evade skills Q and E, F skill (tab as well) Second item page on Dpad right and Retreat(SS) on A as Down-Down on thumbstick doesn't really work and One Ult on G (did not map second Ult skill, feel free to use any free space for it if needed)

Page 3 contains menu options holding the Back button, and is the most free page to add on to my settings 

X Inventory, A turn off character models, B options, LB Crafting

again this is a quick beta version of my mapping to get people back up to speed and to even see if this works

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SaiyanBroly said:

Thanks, that was quick!

I'm probably going to sound really ungrateful but is there a chance you are willing to make a similar profile for XPadder?  That's the utility i use in case i need controller support for a game.

If not, no problem.

Never mind, i shouldn't have asked this, i'll purchase Rewasd and use your profile instead.

I got it working (kinda)?

I'm doing the tutorial level right now and for some reason i drop a landmine if i move forwards during combat (assassin character).

And i can't activate skills while pressing the corresponding button (a, x, y, b).

Any advice?  I'm new to rewasd so that might explain my issues.

7 hours ago, SaiyanBroly said:

Thanks, that was quick!

I'm probably going to sound really ungrateful but is there a chance you are willing to make a similar profile for XPadder?  That's the utility i use in case i need controller support for a game.

If not, no problem.

i have Xpadder, i wasn't too thrilled with the results but i can rework what i had to fit this set up at some point soon

• Thanks 1

you know its people like you that make me happy thank you i have cerebral palsey on left arm so controller is easier as mouse and kb is literally no...i was about to jump ship i am a founder to this game and i feel as if I'm coming back to something i enjoyed to it being stripped away yes i do play this came 1 handed with a controller and most hopefully dews fix this and reestablish controller support considering they expressed a console bns  i dont feel entitled but it was like when the Wii surfaced from Nintendo i passed on it cause those controllers were not disabled friendly once again ty i'll try this out if it doesn't work well good luck back to ffxiv or black desert

Xpadder isn't even free anymore though it is just a one time payment of $9.99 which includes all future updates.

Edit: Just went ahead and bought Xpadder so if anyone has a profile they can share that would be great, I use a Xbox Series S|X controller (no I don't own an Xbox Series X console).

Edited by Shaun

11 hours ago, Shaun said:

Xpadder isn't even free anymore though it is just a one time payment of $9.99 which includes all future updates.

Edit: Just went ahead and bought Xpadder so if anyone has a profile they can share that would be great, I use a Xbox Series S|X controller (no I don't own an Xbox Series X console).

Is this reWASD better than Xpadder ?

I am using a XPadder since ages but wouldn´t mind to swap, when there is a better tool.

I have to combine it with DS4Windows anyways, since i am using a PS4 controller.

Currently the biggest downside of removing native controller support for me was, that we lost the possibility of quick 180° turn. Is there any way to emulate this ?

4 hours ago, Evild4nte said:

Is this reWASD better than Xpadder ?

I am using a XPadder since ages but wouldn´t mind to swap, when there is a better tool.

I have to combine it with DS4Windows anyways, since i am using a PS4 controller.

Currently the biggest downside of removing native controller support for me was, that we lost the possibility of quick 180° turn. Is there any way to emulate this ?

This guy developed a program that steam later implemented in their control support 

Pinnacle Profiler has a quick turn option, unfortunately it’s no longer safe to download. Still have mine from a few years ago works great for BnS.

Other than steam and pinnacle, I know of no others. Btw that guys program has no user interface so I wouldn’t recommend it unless you know what you’re doing.

Xpadder is the best to go with but it isn't free (the developer doesn't even advertise it and it is only developed by one person), you have to pay $9.99 once and you'll get all future updates.

A little late as whatever built-in gamepad support that will add won't be better then what Xpadder can do.

9 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Xpadder is the best to go with but it isn't free (the developer doesn't even advertise it and it is only developed by one person), you have to pay $9.99 once and you'll get all future updates.

A little late as whatever built-in gamepad support that will add won't be better then what Xpadder can do.

I bought it like 10 years ago, but i didn´t know thats even still supported. I thought it´s just an offline tool.

21 hours ago, Laichronus said:

This guy developed a program that steam later implemented in their control support 

Pinnacle Profiler has a quick turn option, unfortunately it’s no longer safe to download. Still have mine from a few years ago works great for BnS.

Other than steam and pinnacle, I know of no others. Btw that guys program has no user interface so I wouldn’t recommend it unless you know what you’re doing.

Oh, the quick turn option is the only thing, i am currently really missing. The rest was replaceable with a combination of Ds4 windows and xpadder.

Maybe it´s a bit annoying too, that i cannot apply to ready check by gamepad any more or all this bidding stuff is somehow not working neither like before.

10 hours ago, Shaun said:

I bought xpadder earlier this year, but had an issue with page profiles getting stuck; meaning shifting to a different page wouldn’t go back to default on button release. It only happened when I was doing rapid shifts. In the end I went back to pinnacle since it uses standard shift functions. Still one of the best apps I’ve ever used, just wanted to try something new since it can’t be updated anymore and the website was hacked.

8 hours ago, Laichronus said:

I bought xpadder earlier this year, but had an issue with page profiles getting stuck; meaning shifting to a different page wouldn’t go back to default on button release. It only happened when I was doing rapid shifts. In the end I went back to pinnacle since it uses standard shift functions. Still one of the best apps I’ve ever used, just wanted to try something new since it can’t be updated anymore and the website was hacked.

Yeah, this is annoying, i´ve set a button on set 2 on 3, which is bringing me back to set 1, in case this happens.

19 hours ago, Evild4nte said:

Yeah, this is annoying, i´ve set a button on set 2 on 3, which is bringing me back to set 1, in case this happens.

That’s a good workaround, I know steam has the same issue with its sets. Pinnacle has a auto repeat issue during major lags, but it’s rare and can be fixed by pressing the the button again.

11 hours ago, Troubling Rain said:

Haven't used a controller for a long time, but I did have some shitty controllers back in the day that games didn't recognize so I used JoyToKey (https://joytokey.net/en/) and it worked okay. As far as I remember its free, so you guys can try that after your free trial expires.. @Silk Rivaliant

It’s improved a lot over the years, if it has more than 4 shift modifiers I may need to give it a try.

• Like 1