64-bit broken.

brembrulee

Hi all,

After the update on April 1st, 2020, About 2-3 hours in, a lot of people got disconnected. Since then, my 64-bit client has not worked properly at all. Standing still i usually get about 50fps which is fine for me, but now its no more than 20. In boss fights i either drop down to 3fps and/or my game stops responding. Everything was fine before that disconnect but as soon as i got back online afterwards its been broken. i have dropped all my settings down to 1 and done all i can to try increase the fps, but the game is not having it! It's completely unplayable for me at the moment. 

Anyhow, i've been playing on 32-bit, which is brilliant, if you don't crash, but i've been crashing quite a lot on there, so it's making the game not very enjoyable at all!

Any help would be nice, however i do not believe the issue to be on my end, but on the server's end. 

If your FPS problems started after some crash or disco, the Fault Tolerant Heap might be the reason behind them. There is how to check what applications are using FTH and how to disable it. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/win7appqual/fault-tolerant-heap

And remember the console to flush the list needs to run on admin level.

btw, for me it worrks same aon win 10, while the doc is for win 7

Edited by Belido

Hi there, thanks for the reply. 

I did do this earlier on in the day but there has been no change. Is there anything i need to do after setting it to 0?

10 minutes ago, Belido said:

If your FPS problems started after some crash or disco, the Fault Tolerant Heap might be the reason behind them. There is how to check what applications are using FTH and how to disable it. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/win7appqual/fault-tolerant-heap

And remember the console to flush the list needs to run on admin level.

btw, for me it worrks same aon win 10, while the doc is for win 7

yes, there is a second step!

you need to to open a console - running with admin rights , so right click at start and choose "run as administrator" or something like that and then use the following command:

Rundll32.exe fthsvc.dll,FthSysprepSpecialize

8 hours ago, Belido said:

yes, there is a second step!

you need to to open a console - running with admin rights , so right click at start and choose "run as administrator" or something like that and then use the following command:

Rundll32.exe fthsvc.dll,FthSysprepSpecialize

Hi again, Thanks you very much for your help, that worked a dream! Back up to normal frames now, I will bookmark this post for if it happens again, 

Thanks again.