Reaching higher FPS

Thyne Slaya

Hello guys, so I have a new laptop and the fact that I can barely have 60 FPS( mind you, most of the time it's 55 and occasionally the screen freezes for a split-second).

At first I had problems going higher than what 20-30 FPS. I've allowed BnS to run on all of my cores and set the priority to highest. I've also optimized the game through Nvidia experience and also enabled running BnS in a 32-bit client. My specifications are as following:

GPU: RTX 2060

CPU: i7-9750H

RAM: 16GB

31 minutes ago, Thyne Slaya said:

Hello guys, so I have a new laptop and the fact that I can barely have 60 FPS( mind you, most of the time it's 55 and occasionally the screen freezes for a split-second).

At first I had problems going higher than what 20-30 FPS. I've allowed BnS to run on all of my cores and set the priority to highest. I've also optimized the game through Nvidia experience and also enabled running BnS in a 32-bit client. My specifications are as following:

GPU: RTX 2060

CPU: i7-9750H

RAM: 16GB

You can try running game with DX12 but 55 FPS (assuming during combat and all settings on 5) is already good enough, don't expect to have 100+, because you will not.

19 minutes ago, Thyne Slaya said:

Is this game that demanding?

It's CPU heavy, it also has bad optimisation, so you need to have a good PC to enjoy the game including raids, Try running game with DX12 it will use more of your GPU and at least for me it's more stable on FPS, without DX12 I wouldn't be able to play the game on all settings - 5 and without ALT+F during raid.

Edited by SayhaSeer

10 minutes ago, Thyne Slaya said:

It really surprises me that a new processor like mine doesn't do the job.

I run the game with Ryzen 7 - 2700x and RX 5700 XT Sapphire Nitro+ and the game runs slightly better then yours, so I think best is to wait for UE4 and hope it will be better, but in all honestly it's already good enough, no complains on performance here ^^ only net code could be better.

For Lower end PC's is another story though. 

Edited by SayhaSeer