Faction Chat Suggestion

luzt

Hey NCsoft & community,

I think the faction chat is outdated and the only thing it does is split a small amount of players off from the rest of the community.

Factions mean barely anything in the game anyway, so why keep it this way? In Jinsoyun, most of the population is Crimson.

All day long there is people recruiting and talking, check Cerulean and you got times nobody talks for 1 hour.

While Cerulean has some positive sides -> people are newbie friendly, they like to answer questions and explain stuff - And maybe you just like the empty chat?

It also has negative sides -> Its alot harder to find parties, because there is less people, so less recruiting (I often look on my Crimson chars in faction chat and join the group on my ceru char)

It's true that I have an annoying work around or you just need to be in a good guild to avoid the need for faction chat, but I think those shouldnt be necessary.
Some new players don't know the difference about the faction chats, they just joined Cerulean because they couldn't join Crimson due to high population, or they just liked the vibe that Cerulean NPC gave. So they don't know what they are missing and in my opinion they are missing alot. Mainly how active the community is and all kinds of raids they could try out.

So my solution would be something along the lines of changing Faction chat into "Community" chat and making it one chat for both factions.

I still would like to keep a channel for players to ask questions and I think the spammy nature of Crimson chat isn't the best for that.

Which means there should be a new chat channel named something along the lines of "Playerhelping"

It wouldn't be an issue if faction chat wasn't the most used chat in the game, but it is.

I think getting rid of the segregation build in by the game is gonna be positive, so I hope NCSoft will see my worries and think about it!

Thanks for reading.

• 3 weeks later...

Replacing faction chat should not happen but adding a chat for everyone as you said "Comunity" will be very nice for everyone and easy to get in raids, dugeons even buying/selling
Also will be nice for new players they ask often on faction chat but ceru faction dead so...Anyway will be nice to have a chat for everyone all factions.
This is a vrey good idea I hope NCSoft put this in practice in the next update.

Archived