Gunslinger: Equipment & Misc (Shadow)

Sqvirel

(moved from GS section)

Hello there

I returned to the game recently because having a tiny Lyn Gunslinger is just too much fun. I play shadow build because I like the machinegun playstyle.

But it has been about half a year since I last played and I have a couple of questions:

1) I watched Keroppi's guides on both fire & shadow builds, but I'm still kinda dense on the Q skill - how exactly does it work and how do I use it?

2) What does that bar next to the enemy do? How do I fill it?

357pxsi.jpg

3) What do these icons mean? I see them all the time but I have no idea what they do.

flaq1d.jpg

4) Is there any recommended build for shadow or is setting Twin Barrels/Tripshot to stun and Whipline to resist all I need?

5) How should I allocate my points? All into offense?

6) What are "True Heart" & "Gloves" accessories and how do I get them? And what are the best ones for shadow?

7) Do pets actually matter as accessories or should I just go with the one I get from the story quests?

8) What's the current best equipment for shadow GS? Seraph/Baleful? Gems? Soul Badge?

I'm no gunner expert, so here goes.

1) So Q places a skystone down in front of you. The resist version lets you go up only once. The other version lets go up as long as you have hooks. Going up lets you use a different set of skills, not sure if you can get hit up there.

2) That's the "Dark Mark" debuff. I think only 2 skills apply it. One of them is a skystone skill, the other is using Triple Shot 3 times and pressing the follow up F skill. Dark Mark makes your RMB do more damage in normal mode and lightspeed (machine gun) mode.

3) That's the indicator for your gear buffs. Legendary gear have special effects that sometimes activate. Those icons are to just let you know that it's active.

4) Not sure.

5) Usually, yeah all offense. Personally I like to the 20 point buff from Defensive as well but it's up to you. You'll get more points as you level up anyway and you can always just move the points around.

6) So far the only True Heart was from the valentine event, but you had to do alot of open world pvp to get it. The item gave 1 Boss Attack Power, there should be more released in the future.

Gloves you get at lvl55 from the main story. Aside from that, you can buy a slightly stronger version from an NPC in Valindria. There's one from the Starstone Mine dungeon and Outlaw Island solo dungeon. The legendary glove is from a raid, forgot which.

7) Pets themselves are cosmetic, but the "Pet Aura" is a very powerful defensive item if you can max it. It'll cost a lot of money though.

8) Definitely go with Baleful and work from there. For gems, Diamond and Amethyst are a must. Aquamarine and Obsidian are great if you can get them. Ruby is good too,  the rest are so-so, up to you. Not sure about soul badges or soul shields.

Archived