Class choice ?

Minymo

Hey guys, so me and my friend have recently started playing but alot of people are talking about ping and issues with classes we tried a bunch of classes and are interested in :

1-Assassin

2-Blade Dancer

3-Force Master

the in-game ping counter says we have 160-200 ping ? but i hear it's not correct counting what can we actually play from these classes if not these what melee is good for that ping ?

It depends on what you and your friend will want to eventually do in the end (PvP or PvE). 

However, out of the list you wrote, Assassin is the least friendliest, Blade Dancer is in the middle, Force Master is up there with Summoner/Gunslinger in that they are the ping friendliest classes.
As for other melee classes, Kung Fu and Soul Fighter is up there with Assassin in terms of being the most ping dependent classes, you could try Destroyer - which I have seen other players with ping around yours perform quite fine/well in PvE. 

1 minute ago, Ludicium said:

It depends on what you and your friend will want to eventually do in the end (PvP or PvE). 

However, out of the list you wrote, Assassin is the least friendliest, Blade Dancer is in the middle, Force Master is up there with Summoner/Gunslinger in that they are the ping friendliest classes.
As for other melee classes, Kung Fu and Soul Fighter is up there with Assassin in terms of being the most ping dependent classes, you could try Destroyer - which I have seen other players with ping around yours perform quite fine/well in PvE. 

Thanks for the fast reply, we actually play a lot of pvp , but isn't the in-game ping counter incorrect ?

My knowledge in PvP is limited XD I'm not sure which would be the best class to play in that case then. 

As for the ping counter - it actually doesn't display your ping, but rather the delay between you hitting the button and your attacks registering, so there's a misconception there.

However, if you want to find out what your "actual" ping in-game is, simply: go into your task manager > performance tab > resource monitor button > network tab > check the box next to "client.exe" under processes with network activity section.

3 minutes ago, Ludicium said:

My knowledge in PvP is limited XD I'm not sure which would be the best class to play in that case then. 

As for the ping counter - it actually doesn't display your ping, but rather the delay between you hitting the button and your attacks registering, so there's a misconception there.

However, if you want to find out what your "actual" ping in-game is, simply: go into your task manager > performance tab > resource monitor button > network tab > check the box next to "client.exe" under processes with network activity section.

I did and it shows three coulms 

1-Send 7-16

2-receive 67-86

3-total 67-90

also in i want to know what classes need what ping in general

30 minutes ago, Minymo said:

I did and it shows three coulms 

1-Send 7-16

2-receive 67-86

3-total 67-90

also in i want to know what classes need what ping in general

Mhm, so about half of ~200 it seems =)

As for the classes, there really isn't a specific number associated with each class, however, it's generally agreed and accepted that the categories are: 

> The least ping dependent classes are Summoner, Force Master, Gunslinger.

> The in-betweens are Blade Dancers, Warlock, Blade Masters, Destroyers.

> The most ping dependent classes are Kung-fu Masters, Assassins, Soul Fighters.

If I was to put my own values on them, it would be "least ping dependent" = 200+, "in-between" = 100-200, "most ping dependent" = below 100.

2 hours ago, Ludicium said:

Mhm, so about half of ~200 it seems =)

As for the classes, there really isn't a specific number associated with each class, however, it's generally agreed and accepted that the categories are: 

> The least ping dependent classes are Summoner, Force Master, Gunslinger.

> The in-betweens are Blade Dancers, Warlock, Blade Masters, Destroyers.

> The most ping dependent classes are Kung-fu Masters, Assassins, Soul Fighters.

If I was to put my own values on them, it would be "least ping dependent" = 200+, "in-between" = 100-200, "most ping dependent" = below 100.

Much appreciated, it's just that we don't want to run the same class, we'll go with FM and BD and see how it goes

Thanks again

Archived