Verification on EVERY login - Emails not sent for hours

Redsquirl

Hi, I would like to report an issue that is making it near impossible for me to play this game. I have recently started playing again and live in Europe. My IP is not static which means that every time I log in I have to go through email verification. This in itself is a minor inconvenience and I am glad of the extra step to keep my account safe. However on many occasions this has led to me being kept from the game for entire days at a time. The problem seems worse at weekends where sometimes the emails take up to 12 hours to arrive. Other times they come straight away. I don't know if it's an issue with the server that sends out these automated mails but something is clearly not working as intended. This evening I waited for 4 hours until a mail finally arrived by which time the code was invalid. It is now finally working again, although for how long waits to be seen...

Other people I know also have these problems, but not to the extend of HOURS. I'm talking about 1h max. I myself NEVER EVER had this problem with NCSoft mails (max was 2min of waiting for me).

So, do you use your mails with a locally installed program (i.e. Thunderbird), or do you use web-access? I made the experience that the servers kinda shadow ban you if you try to fetch emails too often in a certain amount of time. You won't have these problems with web-access. 

Did you try contancting your mail-provider, why these mails come in so late? It doesnt neccessarily mean that it is NCSofts fault.

I recently swapped over my email address to a new one run by a different provider and that seems to have fixed the issue. SO far have had no delays to my verifications since yesterday. Will keep an eye and hope to all that is holy that it will keep on working!

Archived