High PC, Low FPS... Help Please!

Ayana Keiko

Hello. I need your help guys. I am dealing with FPS problem. Here's my PC's system features.

-Intel Core i5 8250U 1.80 GHz (with turbo 3.5 GHz) (8 cores)

-8GB DDR4 RAM

- DUAL GPU first one is;

- Intel UHD Graphics 620 4 GB and the other one is

- AMD Radeon R5 M330 2 GB

- 1 TB Harddisk

- Windows 10

- 6MB Cache

Here guys. I'm playing BnSs in Low-End Optimization setting and im getting 40-45 FPS in towns, 55-60 FPS in dungeons. Help please. I'm working the game in 32-bit option but it's not working too. What am I suppose to do?

(I bring FPS Limit Rate 120 from the settings, that's not the problem.)

P.S: Done this priority settings from the task manager but this is not worked too. It's increase the FPS  amount about 5-6.

P.S: My drivers are updated.

P.S: My computers model is;

HP Laptop 15-bs107nt

Unfortuntely, your CPU is quite weak. In the past years Intel has cluttered the mobile market with a whole lot of CPUs from which the majority is crippled to optimize profit with low effort, especially for the high end margin. The I5-8250U is the weakest Quad core of the Y-series (it has only 4 cores, but 8 threads) with a really low single core speed, but ok boost potential: https://www.notebookcheck.com/Intel-Core-i5-8250U-SoC-Benchmarks-und-Specs.242162.0.html

BnS is heavily CPU-dependent. So there is your major issue. Good news: more than 4 cores wouldn´t help you anyways.

What you can do:

-Make sure that the CPU won´t throttle due to heat so that cores will stay on turbo boost when you play. This is crucial! So you must ensure optimum cooling. Don´t play in a hot environment. I strongly suggest getting a cooler pad which you put below the Notebook!

-Make sure your system isn´t cluttered with other software that eats your CPU power in real-time. I. e. Antivirus programs with realtime scan. Install only software you really need.

-Make sure you use the AMD Radeon card for GFX output. But i am pretty sure that you already do, given your FPS count (Integrated Intel would be below 20...). Idk about Radeon drivers but same as with Geforce there should be an option to run the game with  the acclerated GPU (maybe via right clicking on the BnS app such as with Nvidia?).

(-Make sure your drivers are up to date. Go to the manufacturers webpage and download the latest drivers for your Laptop.)

-Final solutions: Get an expert and have them overclock your system which is almost impossible for Laptops. Uninstall Windows Meltdown/Spectre patch if you can (impossible on WIN 10), again not necessarily advised for everyone. Get a machine with a good CPU. BnS is best played on a desktop on an Intel or Ryzen CPU with high single core clock speed, paired with an SSD (best .m2 one, you will see the game the way it´s meant to be played (tm)) and Windows 7 x64, GPU-related anything from Gefore GTX 460 series or equivalent on is fine, unless you want to use extra shaders or downsampling for which a 970 and above is advised.

37 minutes ago, weaponzero said:

Unfortuntely, your CPU is quite weak. In the past years Intel has cluttered the mobile market with a whole lot of CPUs from which the majority is crippled to optimize profit with low effort, especially for the high end margin. The I5-8250U is the weakest Quad core of the Y-series (it has only 4 cores, but 8 threads) with a really low single core speed, but ok boost potential: https://www.notebookcheck.com/Intel-Core-i5-8250U-SoC-Benchmarks-und-Specs.242162.0.html

BnS is heavily CPU-dependent. So there is your major issue. Good news: more than 4 cores wouldn´t help you anyways.

What you can do:

-Make sure that the CPU won´t throttle due to heat so that cores will stay on turbo boost when you play. This is crucial! So you must ensure optimum cooling. Don´t play in a hot environment. I strongly suggest getting a cooler pad which you put below the Notebook!

-Make sure your system isn´t cluttered with other software that eats your CPU power in real-time. I. e. Antivirus programs with realtime scan. Install only software you really need.

-Make sure you use the AMD Radeon card for GFX output. But i am pretty sure that you already do, given your FPS count (Integrated Intel would be below 20...). Idk about Radeon drivers but same as with Geforce there should be an option to run the game with  the acclerated GPU (maybe via right clicking on the BnS app such as with Nvidia?).

(-Make sure your drivers are up to date. Go to the manufacturers webpage and download the latest drivers for your Laptop.)

-Final solutions: Get an expert and have them overclock your system which is almost impossible for Laptops. Uninstall Windows Meltdown/Spectre patch if you can (impossible on WIN 10), again not necessarily advised for everyone. Get a machine with a good CPU. BnS is best played on a desktop on an Intel or Ryzen CPU with high single core clock speed, paired with an SSD (best .m2 one, you will see the game the way it´s meant to be played (tm)) and Windows 7 x64, GPU-related anything from Gefore GTX 460 series or equivalent on is fine, unless you want to use extra shaders or downsampling for which a 970 and above is advised.

Thanks for your answer. I think I'm playing game with AMD GPU. Because in Radeon Settings, i changed the BnS setting to maximum performance. My drivers are updated I'm checking it per week. Closed Windows Defender, Firewall and my antivirus program from services.msc.

I have a question. How can i see which GPU is running with BnS?

Archived