Constant Crashes

AName34

Ever since I download blade and soul, it's been a little laggy but overall I could deal with it. Then it started crashing, but only every 4 hours, which I could deal with. Today, I have been playing it for quite a long time, and it was crashing as expected. After a recent crash I logged in again and expected BNS to work fine but I was wrong. After about 2 minutes of moving around, my game would freeze, the cursor would turn into a loading one and then it crashed. I come back on, and this time I pressed one button and it froze and crashed again. I've been at this for about 30 minutes, and I'm getting fed up. This doesn't happen for any other game. I tried to search up any other forums to see if anyone was having a problem with this, but only year old searches came up, and even after trying that nothing worked. Maybe it's my computer but then again, if that was the problem then BNS should've been crashing since day one.

Several things that you can do: use the tools on the launcher to be sure that BnS is patched and not corrupted is the first thing you may want to do. Second is defrag your hard drive. I find that defragging after every major patch can fix some issues. A couple other things that can cause crashes is overheating of your computer, be sure that is not an issue. Some people do not realize that the new generation of CPU's have onboard video graphics. I am assuming that you have a decent dedicated video card, you need to open your graphics control panel for that card and be sure that it is used for BnS. That can help out a lot also. There are a lot other things to try but those are the main ones.

2 hours ago, MegaMouseGW said:

Several things that you can do: use the tools on the launcher to be sure that BnS is patched and not corrupted is the first thing you may want to do. Second is defrag your hard drive. I find that defragging after every major patch can fix some issues. A couple other things that can cause crashes is overheating of your computer, be sure that is not an issue. Some people do not realize that the new generation of CPU's have onboard video graphics. I am assuming that you have a decent dedicated video card, you need to open your graphics control panel for that card and be sure that it is used for BnS. That can help out a lot also. There are a lot other things to try but those are the main ones.

Thanks a lot for your help! How exactly do you do the last thing you mentioned ( Opening graphics control panel ). I realize how to open the control panel but where can I go to make sure that my video card is used for BnS? 

Ok you will need to go into the graphics control panel tab that says Manage 3D settings, in there should be 2 tabs, one says global. I would set that one for your graphics card first then press apply. The second tab should be  Program Settings. In there you will need to add BnS to the list then set it to use the dedicated graphics card. Both should say  "High Performance Nvidia Processor" if you have an Nvidia card. If you have an AMD card the process should be the same. Doing this will force BnS to use your dedicated video card and not the ondie cpu gpu.

Archived