Would someone be willing to teach me how bossing etc. works? or just how to play lol

Glummy

I won't lie I am very new to this game and I was wondering if someone here could teach me/ help me understand how cc, mechanics, etc. (just general bossing? i guess) works in this game so I'll have a general understanding and won't suck when I go into dungeons and let my team down. If someone has already asked this then could you point me to where I can read it? I've read some things but it all goes over my head and I'd like to understand more so I could be at least decent at this game.

This is really newbie but it would help a lot because I feel like it would make more sense to ask for help instead of being lost the whole time and making people angry because of not taking the time to try to learn these things. Also while I'm at it, is there a Blade master guide I could possibly read to understand the class more? I've been interested in the class and feel like I should know more about it before I go on and do more things( I am lvl 50 hm 6 from quests and decided to wait until 50 to do other things like pvp, Mushin tower, dungeons, etc.)

Thank you~ :-)

If u insta-50level, you can go to hongmoon training room (PRESS F12) to learn the basic about ur class including about cc without need to read this.

I have been playing for a long time but still being a noob at it. Boss mechanics differ. People usually just search up the dungeon guide to get an idea of what's going on.

All i know is that:

Blade master has two builds (You can change those builds anytime you want but you need to re-adjust the skills yourself )

•  Lightning build - sort of mid-range combat
  • Fire build - close range combat
  • High damage aoe skill: press V, then X->C->Z)

ONE important thing is:  bm is weak when u are at  normal mode especially left click but right click still does some damage (sword hold in front) ; bm is strong when u press 4/lightning draw stance(sword held behind back) - this stance will be switch  to normal if u lose focus or pause slightly too long before hitting the enemy in that mode.

General Bossing:

Dodging/Evade (iframe): Use to dodge common skill of the boss, get out of freeze or some boss's red aoe that be dodge using these skills but not all boss' red aoe can be iframe. 

Blade master have three button for dodging:  Q (dodge to the opposite direction), E (dodge to opposite direction, but cancel out ur lightning draw stance and become normal mode, SS (retreat/dodge backward)

Blocking:

General Block (press 1) : block orange half circle/circle - normal boss' skills

HM block (Winged protector): protect party members and resist red aoe of the boss without need of dodging   - this skill will be unlocked at higher level - 45 or so

CC - Crowd Control - 'reduce the bosses' ability to fight'  - press k to change some of ur skill set to cc ability

Blade master cc's skill: can double Stun, double daze and  double knockdown  (unlike force master, bm needs 2 kill to double  cc)

Not all boss have 2 cc bars ( but common) , some bosses have 4 or more which require team work (when that happens people usually use stun together)

NOT all boss can be CC - you will see a white fill on the bars means u can't cc/the cc bar is locked

You can cc the boss when the bar is grey - like this

To CC a boss, you MUST use identical cc skill..e.g. 2 cc bars = stun + stun or knockdown+ knockdown or daze + daze

(If you are still confuse: http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/group-combos/)

Other stuff:

Unlock hongmoon secret technique to gain more powerful hidden skills: 

Details about how to unlock those skills: 

Go to achievement (press U) > Character > skills (make sure 'view achievement with title) is unchecked)

Messy explanation/don't bother linking to other thread im sorry/

Really great explanations there already. Only thing still I can think of that is general stuff is soulburn.

At a convenient time (often as soon as it is available), warlocks will sacrifice their thralls to give their party the soulburn buff. This increases critical stats a bit, but more importantly unlocks very strong "awakened" skills for each class that allow for huge damage bursts.

You will want to optimize your skill rotation to make optimal use of those 15 seconds, for example (fire build) by making sure you spend most of it with Conflagration up (which was renamed recently into "fiery dragon effect" or something) to allow for unlimited Awakened Dragontongues. This can be done with Lunar Slash TAB (3 sec), Blade Storm X (6 sec) and 4xFlicker (1 sec).

On 8/9/2017 at 4:26 AM, Shuchin said:

Really great explanations there already. Only thing still I can think of that is general stuff is soulburn.

At a convenient time (often as soon as it is available), warlocks will sacrifice their thralls to give their party the soulburn buff. This increases critical stats a bit, but more importantly unlocks very strong "awakened" skills for each class that allow for huge damage bursts.

You will want to optimize your skill rotation to make optimal use of those 15 seconds, for example (fire build) by making sure you spend most of it with Conflagration up (which was renamed recently into "fiery dragon effect" or something) to allow for unlimited Awakened Dragontongues. This can be done with Lunar Slash TAB (3 sec), Blade Storm X (6 sec) and 4xFlicker (1 sec).

On 8/7/2017 at 8:20 PM, Death2close said:

If u insta-50level, you can go to hongmoon training room (PRESS F12) to learn the basic about ur class including about cc without need to read this.

I have been playing for a long time but still being a noob at it. Boss mechanics differ. People usually just search up the dungeon guide to get an idea of what's going on.

All i know is that:

Blade master has two builds (You can change those builds anytime you want but you need to re-adjust the skills yourself )

•  Lightning build - sort of mid-range combat
  • Fire build - close range combat
  • High damage aoe skill: press V, then X->C->Z)

ONE important thing is:  bm is weak when u are at  normal mode especially left click but right click still does some damage (sword hold in front) ; bm is strong when u press 4/lightning draw stance(sword held behind back) - this stance will be switch  to normal if u lose focus or pause slightly too long before hitting the enemy in that mode.

General Bossing:

Dodging/Evade (iframe): Use to dodge common skill of the boss, get out of freeze or some boss's red aoe that be dodge using these skills but not all boss' red aoe can be iframe. 

Blade master have three button for dodging:  Q (dodge to the opposite direction), E (dodge to opposite direction, but cancel out ur lightning draw stance and become normal mode, SS (retreat/dodge backward)

Blocking:

General Block (press 1) : block orange half circle/circle - normal boss' skills

HM block (Winged protector): protect party members and resist red aoe of the boss without need of dodging   - this skill will be unlocked at higher level - 45 or so

CC - Crowd Control - 'reduce the bosses' ability to fight'  - press k to change some of ur skill set to cc ability

Blade master cc's skill: can double Stun, double daze and  double knockdown  (unlike force master, bm needs 2 kill to double  cc)

Not all boss have 2 cc bars ( but common) , some bosses have 4 or more which require team work (when that happens people usually use stun together)

NOT all boss can be CC - you will see a white fill on the bars means u can't cc/the cc bar is locked

You can cc the boss when the bar is grey - like this

To CC a boss, you MUST use identical cc skill..e.g. 2 cc bars = stun + stun or knockdown+ knockdown or daze + daze

(If you are still confuse: http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/group-combos/)

Other stuff:

Unlock hongmoon secret technique to gain more powerful hidden skills: 

Details about how to unlock those skills: 

Go to achievement (press U) > Character > skills (make sure 'view achievement with title) is unchecked)

Messy explanation/don't bother linking to other thread im sorry/

Thanks so much, I've found a few things after I posted but I'll keep these things in mind and will practice. Thanks again :~)

Archived