Returning player

My suggestions for a start:

Finish the storyline if you haven't. You'll get a pet aura, money, and gems, which are nice.

At 600AP you should be fine to run Asura (Sogun's lament). (Watch guides and learn mechs before entering.) You can use the full Asura Soul Shield set. Traditionally it is mixed with Be Ido (Sundered Nexus) 3, 5, 7 but there's not much point if you won't be using it too long. (Ideally, you want Crit on every shield of course.)

After that is Gloomdross Incursion and Shattered Masts. You will be working on upgrading your weapon to legendary, so it is good to go ahead and get your break through weapons (Python, Asura, Twisted, Ebony, Wildwater) while you are running dailies. Personally I find just doing dailies and completing the daily challenge makes decent money and I never struggle to pay for upgrades as I get to them. Yes, you will sometimes have to do ToI or Arena when there is a dungeon you're not high enough for yet, but getting upgrade mats from the daily challenge reward is good for a growing character.

You could also run MSP (Midnight Skypetal Plains) if you're lucky enough to find groups for it, and start saving plants/flowers for your legendary soul shields. You can also run DKV (Dawn of Khanda Vihar) once a week. You may also want to head into Celestial Basin to start earning peaches, which can buy various things that will help you later on (i.e. Forging Orbs, mystic badge).

Later it is possible to start running Ebondrake Citadel (shields 1,2,4,6,8) and then Desolate Tomb (Oblivion shields 3,5,7). IMO, it is possible to enter as low as 650, but most people will probably expect you to have closer to 750 AP. Knowledge of mechanics is NOT optional, regardless of AP, and you should have researched and studied guides for these well before entering.

These are all my opinions and what has worked for me, so I hope it helps. I'd just encourage you not to try to rush, and just enjoy content as it comes. =)

* Also, it looks like you have not used your Hongmoon Points. You can do this through your Profile (P). Most people put 10 in Defense and the rest in Offense.

Archived