Game not saving in-game settings.. >->

So i'm probably doing something wrong, though everytime I start up B&S the game keeps asking for my time-zome / all settings have re-setted. 

So the game is installed on the same drive as the ClientConfiguration. I tried launching the game fixing the settings and putting the ClientConfiguration into "Read Only". 

However, the game still starts up with things being reset. 

* To edit this post, it seems the file itself is always replacing itself with a new one. Cause now when I go into the file, it doesn't have "read only" anymore along with the "Date Modified" being todays date when I changed it like 2 days ago.  

On 5/27/2017 at 5:15 PM, Moonstruck said:

I usually switch the settings in-game, then it stays the same for my computer until I change them back...

Mm. Well it's continuing to happen. However, switching settings within the Client Configuration and putting it too Read Only seems to work. However, when I change some settings such as lowering quality for 24mans or whatnot, is when it resets everything.

Still looking for support for this if anyone fixed it. Kinda annoying tbh. I read that OneDrive seemed to be the issue and it fixed it for them by removing/changing settings. But I removed OneDrive, unless there is a secret setting I need to get into. 

Anyways, thanks for any help if anyone suggests. 

• 1 month later...

Pretty old topic I created, however I'd like to just update it including the way I fixed it. 

It was pretty simple, and yet annoying. The main cause of the file re-creating/going back to default was due to my "DAC/AMP" driver. Within the file, it contained a apostrophe within the driver's name. via sound=Sound(')Driver. I assume the game doesn't recognize the apostrophe, and so it screws up and reverts back to default. My way of fixing was simply just unplugging the dac/amp and using normal on-board audio, and re-plugging it back for other things. 

Archived