64bit Client Performance Issues

Tranqunility

I'm gonna summarize this as fast as I can. Basically, even after the gameguard update to the 64bit client, I am still getting FPS loss and slow loading screens. There have been literally no difference after the update to gameguard, except that I can actually see how much memory the 64bit client is eating, and it staying visible in Task Manager. 

Before AND After the gameguard update my FPS is still at 10~22. Loading screen is still slow. 

Launching the 64bit client, I have noticed that it is not running on my specified GPU. It is running on the built-in integrated GPU. In my Nvidia Control Panel, I have the global settings set to run everything on my Nvidia GPU. I also added the 64bit client itself manually and specified it to run on my Nvidia GPU. There has be no luck on making it run on my Nvidia GPU. Running the 64bit client before & after the Gameguard update, my GPU sits at a calm 60~65C. Running the 32bit client it goes up to the normal 80~85C. This is a very clear indicator that the 64bit client is not running on my Nvidia GPU. 

I have tested the 64bit client gameguard work around that brings the game up without starting gameguard. Guess what, my FPS is up to 75~90 FPS in a crowded Mushin's Tower. GPU temperature goes up to the normal 80~85C as it is supposed to and the game loads faster. I believe gameguard is blocking the ability to the game to run on my GPU. It seems to be an apparent problem for others, while others are getting away lucky. 

Is there a possible fix to this? Other than starting the game without gameguard, I do not want to get the banhammer here using the 64bit client without gameguard. Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:

i7-5700HQ @ 2.70 GHz

Nvidia GTX 970M

16 GB RAM

I have heard that you can force bns to use all ur cores with the 'script' -useallavailablecores "use all available cores" although I am still not certain of how to input this script. I believe you would put it in the target of the bns shortcut but I'm not sure where exactly. It seems to be after the entire target link but other things I've read (for example tera) input that script after the .exe

• 6 months later...

Archived