FPS stuttering every 5 secs! PLEASE HELP!

Rayco

Ok, first of all thank you for reading this, I highly appreciate it.

At the beggining of the game my game ran smoothly, i don't remember when was it that it started doing this stuttering thing that just made my game unplayable completely to the point that i quit, however being it a game that I've waited to play for years now it really does bother me that I couldnt come up with a solution to this on my own, hence, me asking for help here.

Every 5 secs my game drops 30-35 fps. After that I get 80+ constantly because I set that as my cap. I had a GeForce 650 ti GPU which was what I thought to be the problem, BUT, I upgraded it to the new and improved 1060, and it's still doing the same thing! I kinda knew that the graphics card wasn't really the problem, since I was getting 60+ fps on my previous one. 

My computer is XPS 8700 

Intel i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 GB 

I will try to upload images so that you can see more of my system. 

Any response is highly appreciated guys. 

Kinda regards, 

Rayco.

Hey! So I'm going to recommend something. Tell me if it works? I just accidentally found this, and I'm gonna post it in general discussion.

Step 1: Right Click your desktop screen.

Step 2: Go to "NVIDIA Control Panel"

Step 3: Click on tab "Adjust Images with Setting Preview". 

Step 4: Look at the slider. There will be two options, Performance and Quality. From what I understand, everyone's graphics card is automatically set to Quality, but scroll down to "Balanced". 

I accidentally discovered this a few hours ago and noticed that my game had almost no stutters after it. I even went as far as turning my graphics up all the way with all the effects (except Motion Blur, *cricket* that) 

And I had 90 FPS in PvP. I normally have fluctuating FPS in Arena, but I noticed that it didn't spike as much as well.

Hope this helps!

Archived