Problem with FPS when the game is in the foreground, but not background

xtearx

So i thought i fixed this but it appears i didn't.... Previously, if my computer is on for a long time, and i open the game, the FPS stays around 10-20 (as if the default FPS limit is set to 20), but when it's in the background, the FPS goes up to 80+. I previously set my background FPS limit to 120 and it started working fine again. But today that's not the case. I dont want to restart my computer every time i want to play the game. Any fixes maybe?

Win 7

AMD FX-8350

ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z

EVGA NVIDIA GTX 760

12GB DDR3 ram

It can handle around 80. But that doesn't mean the game FPS should limit me when the game is in the foreground, and remove the limit when i put the game in the background. There's a problem with how the game handles the FPS limit and it needs to get fixed.

4 hours ago, xtearx said:

It can handle around 80. But that doesn't mean the game FPS should limit me when the game is in the foreground, and remove the limit when i put the game in the background. There's a problem with how the game handles the FPS limit and it needs to get fixed.

Yes I understand but putting the game on the background means there's less execution of tasks hence an increase on FPS.  However, the CPU and the motherboard may hold the graphics card a bit back you need to lower down the FPS. Not to mention the refresh rate of your monitor.

1 hour ago, xtearx said:

I've lowered the FPS for the background down to 10, and lowered the FPS for the foreground to 40. No change whatsoever.

Did lowering your resolution help? I'm at 1366x768 and it was constantly running on max settings with GTX 750 Ti and 60Hz refresh rate.

I found the solution. It appears when Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is running before the game starts up, it causes FPS problems with the game in the foreground, regardless if it's scanning or not. Everytime the game is launched and it has the FPS problem, i close Malwarebytes, and the FPS goes straight to normal. I can then launch Malwarebytes while the game is on and the FPS remains normal the entirety of the game running.  I haven't reinstalled my Avira antivirus yet but hopefully it isn't a factor either. My firewall (comodo firewall) seems to play fine with BnS

Archived