gem transmutation results

Mamillius

So I Have been using the new gem transmutation system to try and work my way up from square gems to pentagonal gems to hexagonal to brilliant hexagonal to sparkling hexagonal, partially just for sheer curiosity purposes about the new system. 

I have discovered there is a bit of a snag in the system, in that some gem effects that exist in a form in square->pentagonal->hexagonal (all green) do not have an equivalent at brilliant hexagonal, the primary example being the "life drain on knockdown or stun citrine" (which is 30 in square, 50 in pentagonal, and 60 in hexagonal). to be fair I have known for a while that no brilliant hexagonal version exists, but it is an option to try and transmute a brilliant gem using three of the life drain hexagonal citrines as materials.

I found that when you do this transmute, you put in 3 60 life drain hexagonal citrines and get.... 1 60 life drain hexagonal citrine out.

I havn't figured out which gems also do this (partially for financial reasons) but I would hope that some sort of patching would be done to either disallow the life drain hexagonal citrines and gems like them that don't have a brilliant hexagonal equivalent from being used as materials for the transmute so more people don't get caught in the same trap.

I intend to do a little furthur exploration into which gems can fuse into brilliant hexagonals and which will "fail" like the example above and intend to post my results here. If anyone else would care to do so I would appreciate it.

happy crafting :)

Update: wait what? I just tried to fuse three hexagonal ruby's into a brilliant hexagonal ruby and got back a green hexagonal ruby... does this mean they lied when they said there is not a chance of failure below heptagonal tier?

I think "failure" is meant as in the technical failure that no product is being made. Some transmutations are like that: They fail, you get nothing, and the materials at the bottom and the fee are used up, while the "ingredients" (stuff at the top) remain for a further future tries.

So getting the green gem is technically not a failure but a success. What is missing is a warning message that there are two possible results, one of them being low quality. =_=

fair point on that account, The heptagonal gems transmutations indicates that both results are possible while the current window for the briliant hexagonal does not, hopefully they at least add a warning about this in the future.

Archived