Forums

Couple of questions about party finder

Tkalec

When I do a mouseover on map over Pot Dog Shelter or The Ploghollows I get the basic information about the dungeon and it also says "Cross-Server Matching Available". When I go to "Dungeon/Battleground Lobby (F8)" none of these dungeons are there. So what does "Cross-Server Matching Available" mean?

I then try to find the group via "Party Finder (F7)". I'm confused about the difference between "Search for 6-party members" and "Announce" buttons. When I use the search option I get listed below in the list, same as when I use the announce button. But looks like there's some difference between these two options. If I use the search button and then use the announce button after that I get a dialog asking me if I wish to cancel party search and use LFP instead.

So, what's the difference between party search and announce, and party search and LFP?

Thanks.

Green dungeons used to be available in cross server matching but it was removed around 2 months ago for some reason. Not really sure about the difference between search and announce buttons, but the announce button will auto send the recruitment message to party finder/dragon spire chat. LFP (looking for party) is a auto match system for cross server which matches you to other people trying to do the same dungeon, but with the removal of green dungeons you can't even LFP for it. Basically there's alot of left over stuff that doesn't really do anything now.

Archived