Suggestion about improving the chat system

Alysha Hawkeye

Gold-selling spam bots are like litterers in a public park. Blocking them are like kicking them out of the park, but still leaving behind the trash they litter.

There is a need to make the chat system a better place by minimizing the spam littered by these spam bots as much as possible.

1/ A clear function for the chat window.

Useful to clear both spam chat lines or unwanted chat lines from real players.

2/ Auto-clear lines from blocked spam bots

When blocking a spam bot, their lines should be auto-cleared, because we don't want to read them at all.

3/ An option to stop displaying the emote

Currently, the ones who use emotes the most are spam bots, who want their spam lines as much visible as possible. Normal players rarely use the emote. Not mention that these emotes are too big and screen-occupying.

It would better to have an option to stop display the emotes, for who don't want to see them.

4/ Prevent repeated lines

A spam bot love spam their lines over and over. An annoying player also does the same. A simple solution is to temporarily block chat of anyone who repeat the same line once for one minute, giving people enough time to locate and block that chat bot/annoying player.

5/ Allow account-wide chat block

A spam bot who get blocked can just create another character in the same account.

If you hate a player and block his chat, you would not also want to deal with his alts.

Therefore, it's better if chat block becomes account-wide.

Oh I was just about to make a new topic regarding account-wide block list, but you did that before me, along with other suggestions. That's really great!

This awesome linked-server idea only linked all annoying gold spammers together. I only logged in twice today, just to block 12 bots (6-6 both login). Doing that on all my alts is pretty annoying. If we have a shared friendlist, why can't we have a shared blocklist? Isn't it obvious that if I wouldn't like to talk to a person on one character, I wouldn't want to talk to them on my other character as well?

Oh speaking about friendlist. The "report bots who add you to their friendlist" function isn't working at all. The same bots keep adding me even though I "report" them every time.

Archived