The Darkglimpse Solo Tips

Buzzirk

It's hard to think of a worse thing that NC could have done than removing green dungeons from the Cross Server listing.  In dealing with this i was finally able to figure out a method that let me solo Darkglimpse, so I'll share to hopefully help someone.

I'm was using a Soul Fighter mostly in Elemental (ranged) mode, so this would probably also help with Force Masters and Warlocks. 

This isn't a hard-set pattern, just some simple principles to apply:

• In the room stay near the East wall, where you enter. It's the tunnel with the lamps in it   You don't need to be right next to it, just hang near that side of the room. 
  • If you have to run around, stay in that part of the room or you'll draw agro of many mobs.
  • As mobs enter the room let the orb and/or the NPC attack them first.  Close on the orb just enough for the mobs to enter range.
  • Attack mobs with LMB or other quick fire attacks.  Concentrate on those that the orb is already attacking to minimize chance of drawing agro. 
  • If mobs accumulate near orb use AOE's.  For SF's thats Burning Tundra or Snowball (LMB). 
  • Eventually, ranged mobs attack.  Just use AOE each group.  Try to attack the ones that the orb is already attacking.
  • When Nekuro appears use Burning Tundra (or other large AOE) on the group he summons and take them out quick. 
  • Dodge (or block) Nekuro's attacks as much as possible.  Keep him in range of the orb and NPC to help.   Stun, freeze, etc. are your friends too.

If anyone has tips for mele classes please feel free to add them.

Good luck.

The #1 tip for melee classes is don't gapclose on enemies that are still outside the shadow wall.  It takes a lot of practice to see where that is.

I didn't know the orb can attack though, I've only done it with a group where mobs hardly ever even get near it because you can split up and defend all 3 sides at once.  My SF is still at the collecting a zillion of every blight weapon except bracers stage.

Archived