Suggestion to do away with one-time weapon skins

Alysha Hawkeye

The Sunflower staff skin is must-have for my Summoner, but the skin being one-time makes me not want to buy it. Tada, you just lose a skin-buyer, NCSoft, for being lazy about the weapon glamor system.

I suggest one of the followings to deal with the one-time use:

-Make weapon wardrobe where you can just drag the weapons skin in and out

Pro:

+It helps with storage space problem

+You can preview the weapon skins and where to get them

+Nice to have as premium feature.

Cons:

+Sound like a pain to develop.

+You would not be able to open the function during F8/F9

-Make weapons being able to switch between skins that have been added to them.

Pro:

+This helps with storage space problems, because the skins are stored directly on the weapon.

+Switch appearance on the flight, which would be helpful during F8/F9 runs

+Nice to have as premium feature

Cons:

+You would not be able to preview the weapon skins like what you do with outfits.

-Add a store-bought item where you can get back the skin from the weapon when you revert its appearance, instead of normally destroying the skin.

Pro:

+NCSoft has something more to sell and drain our money. Cheer!

Cons:

-Not really helpful about storage space, cuz you still have to store the skins in your vault.

-You have to  pay  both for a weapon skin, and then the skin-saving item. Happy spending!

-Add a certain number of weapon skin slots, and you can expand them with Skin Hammers!

Pro:

+More things to sell. Happy NCSoft.

Cons:

+The weapon skins are still one-time, but at least, you can have more than just one.

-When you revert the appearance (or add the weapon skin extraction that costs hefty amount of gold), the weapon skin is just simply converted back to the original weapon.

Pro:

+Sound simple.

Cons:

+Wound cost you more gold then just simply overwrite or revert.

+Sound not very exciting to NCSoft, unless it requires a special store-bought item for the extraction, which is what I have mentioned above.

I made a suggestion similar to this here, and described a possible UI that could be used. I'll drop this here in the hopes your thread gets more attention than mine did, because we really need this to change.

Archived