Comet Strike Tier 5 Stage 2

FourOhm

So I'm at a loss as to the HM effect of this skill. I know that in essence, the first cast takes 2s, if you immediately cast again it takes 1.2s, and the third and all subsequent casts are instant. However, I found that you are allowed to use some skills in between comets without resetting it to 2s cast. 

For example, RMB, flurry, and leading palm all can be used in between comets without setting it back to 2s cast. However, a LMB will INSTANTLY reset it to 2s. Obviously, the only limiter to this comet spec is the focus cost, but I find I can do quite a few strikes like this:

Tremor first for focus over time

Comet

(tremor proc)

Comet

RMB

Comet

(tremor proc)

Comet

Comet

Comet

Leading Palm

Comet

RMB

Comet

My question is, is there any stable rotation (infinitely sustainable, focus-wise) with this Comet spec? It does less damage than the other specs, but if a sustainable rotation can be implemented, I think this build can yield good damage.

11 hours ago, FourOhm said:

So I'm at a loss as to the HM effect of this skill. I know that in essence, the first cast takes 2s, if you immediately cast again it takes 1.2s, and the third and all subsequent casts are instant. However, I found that you are allowed to use some skills in between comets without resetting it to 2s cast. 

For example, RMB, flurry, and leading palm all can be used in between comets without setting it back to 2s cast. However, a LMB will INSTANTLY reset it to 2s. Obviously, the only limiter to this comet spec is the focus cost, but I find I can do quite a few strikes like this:

Tremor first for focus over time

Comet

(tremor proc)

Comet

RMB

Comet

(tremor proc)

Comet

Comet

Comet

Leading Palm

Comet

RMB

Comet

My question is, is there any stable rotation (infinitely sustainable, focus-wise) with this Comet spec? It does less damage than the other specs, but if a sustainable rotation can be implemented, I think this build can yield good damage.

I've messed around with it a bit myself but unfortunately without RNJesus blessing you with full chi recovery from your weapon proc every time you're about to run out it's not sustainable.

That being said. The optimum use for comet strike is Tier 5 Stage 1 for Group parties as with FS applied in a full party you get near instant resets and massive amounts of damage and Tier 5 Stage 3 for Solo content as you still get instant resets from the skill tree during FS (You should be close to 100% crit rate using the party buff which is more reliable for resets than the solo buff).

Yeah, I like the left tree - it shows me the big and pretty numbers. Kind of a shame stage 2 isn't viable, though... even if it was nerfed to do similar damage to 2rf, it'd be interesting to have a build with comet as main dps.

Use stage 1 tier 5 combined with fighting spirit and searing palm. If with a large enough party doing crits, you can literally just let em rip. solo buff you still can get a good amount in before the fighting spirit is over (5). Without being interrupted I've gotten off maybe 12 in 10 seconds doing 40-50k each strike even though I'm going wind build. I still like stage 1 more than stage 3

Archived