Did the patch fix GameGuard freezing

PatchKid

Just wondering if anyone has noticed an improvement to performance.  I found that suspending the GameGuard process completely removed the freezing I was experiencing with the side-effect of causing the game to die in ~30 seconds.  So, clearly GameGuard is the reason my client becomes unresponsive for as long as 10 seconds every 15-20 seconds (like trying to play an action combat MMO through a desktop streaming app).  The game has been terrible to play for the past two weeks.  Hoping they solved it somehow...

1 hour ago, PatchKid said:

Just wondering if anyone has noticed an improvement to performance.  I found that suspending the GameGuard process completely removed the freezing I was experiencing with the side-effect of causing the game to die in ~30 seconds.  So, clearly GameGuard is the reason my client becomes unresponsive for as long as 10 seconds every 15-20 seconds (like trying to play an action combat MMO through a desktop streaming app).  The game has been terrible to play for the past two weeks.  Hoping they solved it somehow...

What do you mean suspending GG?

3 hours ago, Koter said:

What do you mean suspending GG?

Various task management tools allow you to suspend active processes (instead of kill them).  You can use said tools to suspend the primary gameguard process - but the game detects that the process is not active and will close after about 30ish seconds of having the process suspended.  Killing a task, say through task manager, will immediately kill the thread and cause BnS to close instantly.  Suspending it doesn't cause the instant death of the client, but does cause it eventually.

It is a glorious 30 seconds of freedom to play the game without constant game input / display freezing though!

Archived