Do and Don'ts: Lvl 45+ OpenWorld/Dungeon Bosses

Eneraia

Hello!

I'm pretty much a new player and every time people write about mechanics of certain bosses I draw a complete blank when reading. I mean - it's English but reads like Chinese to me. At the same time I'd feel bad if I died to any 1-KO attack and/or used a skill that gets the whole party wiped...

So would someone be so awesome and explain stuff in short and idiot-suitable words? :) Please use no abbreviations or add a guide link where they are explained. Thanks!

Especially looking for summoner "dos and dont's" for Skittering, Brightstone Ruins, Pigsty. Also for bosses like Venomous in Harbor (that stupid poison attack >.<)... and for heroic dungeons if you are willing to, though I won't run them for quite a while. For example I read about someone who complained that a summoner used vines against the Yeti which had them all killed... though I still don't get the reason.

Good and detailed videos are very welcome!

8 hours ago, Eneraia said:

Hello!

I'm pretty much a new player and every time people write about mechanics of certain bosses I draw a complete blank when reading. I mean - it's English but reads like Chinese to me. At the same time I'd feel bad if I died to any 1-KO attack and/or used a skill that gets the whole party wiped...

So would someone be so awesome and explain stuff in short and idiot-suitable words? :) Please use no abbreviations or add a guide link where they are explained. Thanks!

Especially looking for summoner "dos and dont's" for Skittering, Brightstone Ruins, Pigsty. Also for bosses like Venomous in Harbor (that stupid poison attack >.<)... and for heroic dungeons if you are willing to, though I won't run them for quite a while. For example I read about someone who complained that a summoner used vines against the Yeti which had them all killed... though I still don't get the reason.

Good and detailed videos are very welcome!

For dungeons like skittering, brightstone, and those types of things it doesn't really require any brain or effort just plow them down because it's old content and easy to do. 

For things like blackwyrm, you don't taunt with your Q because it screws up aggro and messes everything up, and you dont use thorn grasp. 

In general, I wouldn't recommend using thorn grasp for PVE because it does mess up a lot of boss rotations and can cause party wipes depending on the dungeon. It's better to spec into weed wack on the far right of the tree  and save thorn grasp for PVP or when you're soloing something like ogong's hall. 

It's okay to use Q in yeti, however using thorn grasp or cat pinning can cause a party wipe plus make everyone leave. It's honestly all about learning when to do something and when not to with each boss. I highly recommend looking up CoffeeBNS on youtube for amazing summoner guides on everything. :) 

Archived