All the typical disconnected errors, but only works when Teamviewer is running

Molgrin

So, we have a weird issue. We get all the classic Disconnected From Server errors (1000*, 300, etc etc). Can't reach PIN screen. Disconnected after clicking "Start Game". Game crashes while moving between areas, etc, etc...

But here's the weird thing... when we try and play the game while a friend is remotely accessing the computer through Teamviewer, it seems to run flawlessly, until he closes the Teamviewer connection and then the game lags out and we get disconnected again. I don't have the specs at the moment (will get that later) I know the computer is running and NVidia Geforce something card, and internet access is achieved via wifi, and the ISP is Comcast Xfinity. No WTFast, VPN, or anything like that. OS is Windows 7.

Sometimes it still lags out when Teamviewer is up, but without teamviewer we can't get past the character select screen, usually.

I wonder if the game is requesting the ports that Teamviewer is using, since our friend isn't able to reconnect to Teamviewer until after we have closed the game/the game crashes with the Disconnected From Server (1000,etc,etc) error

Archived