pc build for mmo

Zikken

i have done ton research about pc building and i can't figure out what cpu should i get 

the thing is mmo games are cpu dependent actually most games not just mmo use 1 or 2 cores at best, mmo need high single core performance cpu which in this case intel cpus at least as i read.

now according to https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html best single core cpu out there are i7 4790k , while i5 4690k which is most recommended cpu in most build is rank 15 but alot cheaper so i don't know is the performance that huge between them if the difference is not that big i want put extra money on something else, and plz don't tell me to get i5 and more powerful gpu because i'm getting gtx 960 no matter what because 970 and 980 are very very expensive where i'm living.

please keep in mind i'm doing mmo gaming.

thanks to keep reading tell now even though my bad english :D 

don't get me wrong i said what i read 

actually i would like to build AMD build it's cheaper then intel, can u tell me plz what cpu u use and how smooth the game especially in dungeons with party and 24 man raid, could  be very helpful to me  

50 minutes ago, Zikken said:

don't get me wrong i said what i read 

actually i would like to build AMD build it's cheaper then intel, can u tell me plz what cpu u use and how smooth the game especially in dungeons with party and 24 man raid, could  be very helpful to me  

Sure

I have a MSI 970 Gaming motherboard

AMD FX 8350 CPU unlocked, Turbo disabled, Downclock and Up clock and Turbo features disabled running at 4.2 ghz across the board, Air cooled using a Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo dual fan in push/pull

Antec 850 watt High current gaming edition PSU

Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb of 1866 RAM in Dual channel

MSi R7-370 2gb GPU running at 1050/1425 with the Twin Frozr cooling solution on Auto

Sandisk SSD with Windows 10 pro installed and games running on the same disk

Blade and soul is running at 1440p and GPU is using its VSR to  pull it down to 1080p, I have game capped at 60FPS inside of game's graphic tab and I pretty much stay at 60 FPS and only dip to 45 FPS during fights such as MM and Poh in 24 man zones. I don't ever need to optimize for combat unless i'm playing during prime time/weekend  hours and the server is really congested. Dungeons are butter smooth graphic wise, all the bosses decals render on the ground, Frames stay steady, couldn't possibly ask for anything more.

Side note: games i play besides Blade and Soul are : Tera, Black Desert, used to play Archeage, but game changed and my liking for it changed too. 

I run Hitman on steam using Dx12 and memory safeguards off everything cranked up. no issues with stuff popping in on screen delayed and again capped at 60 FPS due to my display's max is 60 FPS. 

I have basically built a console killer, I am not even sure if this rig qualifies as a mid tier gaming rig, Intel chips will give you a much better gaming experience, but that depends on  your budget.  60 frames, eyecandy on, textures high, game looks so good how could you not want to play it. ALL AMD and everything including the case for under $1,000 VS Intel Mobo/CPU for 600 bucks 

My goal is to add a second MSI R7-370 2gb GPU to this system to enable crossfire features on games that support, once that is done i will consider it completed for a few years and the Final price tag of everything still is under a thousand bucks.

Intel is a solid option, but consider AMD as very viable option as well. depending on what exactly your needs are and will be in the future.

thanks man very helpful 

those people who keep saying AMD is suck should feel shame, all i want is smooth gameplay and don't feel throwing over 1300$ for intel build and there is AMD build that cost a lot cheaper and give u almost same the performance,if every thing is smooth i don't give shit

i'm definitely going with same build as u except for gpu maybe r9 380 

I'm kind of running a budget intel/nvidia build and it works decently for me,considering the build.

I 3 4160  'cause skylake wasn't yet out when I bought this.'

Gigabyte GTX 950 Xtreme ~almost the same performance as a standard 960

Corsair Vengeance x2 4Gb DDR 3 '1600' in dual

Using it with win 7 ultimate.

The only time I'm using Optimize for combat is when I do Grand harvest or BW/Terrors with a lot of ppls,ctrl+f with too much ppls around.

Well I would disable others anyway cause I can't see a damn thing that way and it gets me killed:P

BW/Grand harvest drops my fps to 25 or so with combat optimize+disabled players,jeah its pretty low but still better than what I hear from a lot of ppls.

No idea about SSP cause I don't do that thing cause reasons.

For rest of the game I keep the graphics close to maxed @1080P res,just disable other players when MM/Poh spaws.

The only other MMO I play is Vindictus which is also very heavy on single core cpu performance+you even have to host raid parties from you own pc for 8 players..Also works just fine in that game.

I'm generally a casual gamer playing whatever I feel like and so far this 'budget' system runs all the recent games decently.

Archived