Monitor error

Okuni

Hey guys, 

This isn't necessarily BnS related but I could use a bit of help. I decided to move my PC to a different room today and now my monitor is saying "d-sub/HDMI no signal, going to power safety mode". Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

D-sub/HDMI are  monitor plug sockets, not power ones but the cable from your PC so you have either connected it back up in the wrong socket or your monitor needs its settings changing to the socket you have used, like if your using a TV has a monitor there will be a menu to pick which connection you wish to used, like, scart, dvi, hdmi, d-sub etc, some have multiples of the same socket but one should be numbered 1 etc

14 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

D-sub/HDMI are  monitor plug sockets, not power ones but the cable from your PC so you have either connected it back up in the wrong socket or your monitor needs its settings changing to the socket you have used, like if your using a TV has a monitor there will be a menu to pick which connection you wish to used, like, scart, dvi, hdmi, d-sub etc, some have multiples of the same socket but one should be numbered 1 etc

How do I go about changing the settings if I can't get anything to stay on screen though?

28 minutes ago, Okuni said:

How do I go about changing the settings if I can't get anything to stay on screen though?

you have either got a cable wrong in the back of your PC or monitor.  if it always worked before, I doubt any settings will have changed, but there should be a way to get into your Monitor settings. personally it sounds like there is a plug wrong somewere or it has got damaged

3 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

you have either got a cable wrong in the back of your PC or monitor.  if it always worked before, I doubt any settings will have changed, but there should be a way to get into your Monitor settings. personally it sounds like there is a plug wrong somewere or it has got damaged

This actually happened the first time I was setting it up. I just don't remember how I got it working...

4 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

well without actually being there there is nothing I can really do to help, but that is what your problem is, hope you fix it

omg I'm a dumb ass. I plugged the HDMI cable into the wrong slot. It's fixed. Thanks for your help tho!

Archived